Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of only getting rare communication from Tesla I have now received 3 different emails in the past week on random topics

11/11/2016 "Tesla Update - November 2016" Which was about some new changes regarding the Supercharger system, price changes for Model S and the new AP2.
11/12/2016 "Charge Effortlessly"
11/14/2016 "Next Generation Performance"

Is this a new direction for Tesla Communications because of employee changes or or a new lever to try to expand sales or both? The first was expected as Tesla has sent out similar news announcements before, but the other two are different. They are promotional pieces specifically for the Model S ending with links for ordering, trade in, and scheduling a test drive.

Alert sounds? Really, Congress?

WASHINGTON, Nov 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. Transportation
Department on Monday finalized long-delayed rules that will
require "quiet cars" like electric vehicles and hybrids to emit
alert sounds at speeds of up to 18 miles per hour.
The rules, which were required by Congress, will require
automakers like Tesla Motors Inc <TSLA.O>, Nissan Motor Co
<7201.T> and Toyota Motor Corp <7203.T> to add alert sounds to
all vehicles by September 2019. The Transportation Department
said it expects the rules will prevent 2,400 injuries a year in
2020 and will require the adding of alert sounds to about
530,000 vehicles.

This is very important for pedestrians, bicyclists and animals. Especially important for pedestrians who are visually impaired.

Reactions: Irishjugg
I don't play golf, though it seems that those that do
Love the feelings of green and nature and the outdoors etc.. Trump loves golf,
Sure he has got to have some appreciation of nature .

We shall see

Golf is terrible for the environment, though. It clears large swaths of land, displaces natural fauna, and uses tons of water.

It's also one of the ultimate man-over-nature activities - in terms of shaping the landscape itself for nothing more than a game. I'm convinced he'd place an 18th hole in Yosemite Valley if he could.

Are you suggesting that you don't think Tesla can deliver any of:

PowerPack
PowerWall
Solar Roofing tiles
Model 3
Model Y
Pickup
Roadster 2.0
Semi
Minibus

I assure you that they can and will deliver all of the above, eventually. Many of those items if not all before 2020.

Correct. All I see is delayed announcements,

- no powerpack
- no powerwall
- no solar roofing tiles
- none of the others

oh, sorry, you were being sarcastic!

Define eventually?

No company that wants respect announces vaporware 4 years ahead of delivery.

-

- no powerpack
- no powerwall
- no solar roofing tiles
- none of the others

Define eventually?

-

powerpack and powerwall 1.0 have already been shipped / installed and operational. what are you talking about?

- no powerpack
- no powerwall
- no solar roofing tiles
- none of the others

Define eventually?

-
You do realize that both first generation PowerPacks and PowerWalls have been delivered already, right? And PowerWall2's announced 2 weeks ago are slated for delivery in January? And we've received multiple confirmations that Model 3 is on or ahead of schedule? And the rest of those projects never had a projected release date? And that we've been told to expect solar roofing tiles in the middle of 2017? That's not four years. More like 9 months. Nothing Tesla has ever announced has turned out to be vaporware.

Don't feed the trolls. They just keep coming back for more.

I hope that if they make it a requirement for otherwise silent cars to make a sound, then they also make it illegal to:
1) cross the road while looking at your cellphone in front of you
2) cross the road while wearing headphones
3) crossing the road without looking around for oncoming traffic.

I see those all the time and know that a car making a noise isn't going to do much good. It's already illegal for the driver to be looking at their cellphones while driving. Looks like pedestrians are going to be spared of the requirement of any common sense at all!

TSLA usually finds it hard to get below $180. (of course, I used to say that about $188 too)

I wouldn't be surprised if we test 178 again this week. Right now the stock is showing weakness. It won't change till we have some real positive news. I am not sure if finalizing merger will be taken as a good news. I know the official vote is in Thursday, when will they release the results?

TSLA SP continues to look weak. From my experience, any sustained turnaround must start with TSLA recapturing both the 5 and 10 day SMAs and HOLDING it to allow the 5 & 10 day SMAs to start to point upwards. These down sloping short term moving averages have held TSLA in check since 10/28. When a turnaround starts, these are the things I need to see in order to believe that TSLA has broken the downtrend.

I think finalizing the merger will be seen a 'slightly' good news. Most everyone expects it to happen, so once it does 'officially' it removes that last bit of uncertainty from the equation.

I made a very large bet on Solar City stock as a way to get 'cheap' Tesla stock. However, what has happened, is rather than the SCTY share price rising to meet the TSLA price, it has done just the opposite. The price differential is almost gone right now and TSLA stock has dropped to almost match the SCTY price.

Once the vote is done and the merger process complete, I think it will cause a *slight* gain in price, just because that tiny bit of uncertainty will be removed from the equation.

Reactions: gene
Looks like we just got a new shipment...
IMG_20161111_133308361.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.