Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we also assume that the glass roof is aiding in getting production speeds up? As I understood the design is supposed to allow a much quicker production speed.

I'd say so. Most customers previously ordered the pano roof. Pano is much more complicated to install (all the mechanisms for moving the glass, pop up wind guard, etc.) Plus extra warranty reserves, potential squeaks, rattles, wind noise, etc. New solid glass roof is a big win in basically every way.

We've all heard the Koch brothers are spending money to campaign against EVs. I don't think we know exactly where this money is spent but we can guess...

I woke up this morning to my alarm clock radio advertisement 'that was a nice picknick, why is dad setting up a tent, arent we going home? No son, we have an electric car and need to charge it first before we get back home'.

I guess those are validating superchargers lol

Michael

I woke up this morning to my alarm clock radio advertisement 'that was a nice picknick, why is dad setting up a tent, arent we going home? No son, we have an electric car and need to charge it first before we get back home'.

Michael

I guess that if they had an ICE car on that trip, and were out of gas, there wouldn't be a gas station right there at their picnic site either. Sigh.

Reactions: everman
Although overall borrowing activity at Fidelity is benign so far, there were couple distinctly different periods: relatively heavy borrowing before open, and then large block of shares covered mid-morning:

Snap1.png

I'd say so. Most customers previously ordered the pano roof. Pano is much more complicated to install (all the mechanisms for moving the glass, pop up wind guard, etc.) Plus extra warranty reserves, potential squeaks, rattles, wind noise, etc. New solid glass roof is a big win in basically every way.

People speculate that the hole for the glass in the back makes it easier for robots to install stuff.
Is A Big Hole In The Roof The Key To Making The Tesla Model 3? - Gas 2

“We’ve learned that people aren’t prepared to pay a higher price for an electric vehicle. I don’t see some kind of disruptive element coming from electric cars that would prompt sales to go up quickly in the next five to six years.”

- Friedrich Eichiner, BMW’s Chief Financial Officer

Nothing to see here :po_O:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that the CFO at BMW isn't that stupid to not be aware of the numbers versus the competition (easily found with a quick google search), but rather made such a statement on the bet that the public will just take his word for it and doesn't fact check because he is seen as an authoritative figure (a CFO at an automaker should be in-the-know better than the public).

However, smarter people willing to fact check and connect the dots can easily see this is nonsense and an outright denial, but unfortunately most people are inherently complacent and likely will not fact check until someone (like the media) connects the dots and explains it to them. This complacent "not fact checking" behaviour is seen a lot on social media when people share misleading news just based on the catchy/clickbait headlines without clicking and reading the article and verifying its facts and sources before spreading it around.

Reactions: Drax7
“We’ve learned that people aren’t prepared to pay a higher price for an electric vehicle. I don’t see some kind of disruptive element coming from electric cars that would prompt sales to go up quickly in the next five to six years.”

- Friedrich Eichiner, BMW’s Chief Financial Officer

US-Luxury-Car-Sales-Tesla.png

Nothing to see here :po_O:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the 2016 column added! Years of tears indeed!

Michael
"No, son, but while Dad is out with his divining rod and pick-axe to find oil, won't you help me set up the still to cook some gasoline?"

BMW is clearly in trouble in terms of battery pack costs:

BMW AG sees no quick way to boost profit from electric cars, with battery capacity and cost set to weigh on the technology for the foreseeable future.

“We simply have to walk through the valley of tears” to figure out how to save more money on producing battery-powered cars, Stefan Juraschek, vice president of electric-powertrain development, told reporters at a briefing at a BMW testing facility in Munich.

With driving ranges limited by current technology, the company expects it to take about seven years to double the amount of energy stored in a battery, which weighs about 230 kilograms (510 pounds) in the squat BMW i3 hatchback. Improving battery performance is key, as “there’s a clear trend to bigger electric cars and longer driving ranges,” Juraschek said.

Tesla doubled their pack capacity in under two years (TE V1 vs TE V2). BMW should be begging Tesla to partner on a GF.

“We’ve learned that people aren’t prepared to pay a higher price for an electric vehicle,” BMW Chief Financial Officer Friedrich Eichiner told reporters in Lisbon last week. “I don’t see some kind of disruptive element coming from electric cars that would prompt sales to go up quickly in the next five to six years.”

Dude, watch the M3 reveal!

BMW AG sees no quick way to boost profit from electric cars, with battery capacity and cost set to weigh on the technology for the foreseeable future.

<snip>
Tesla doubled their pack capacity in under two years (TE V1 vs TE V2). BMW should be begging Tesla to partner on a GF.
But you are comparing mobile batteries to stationary. Oh wait, talking about BMW? Never mind.
“We’ve learned that people aren’t prepared to pay a higher price for an electric vehicle,” BMW Chief Financial Officer Friedrich Eichiner told reporters in Lisbon last week. “I don’t see some kind of disruptive element coming from electric cars that would prompt sales to go up quickly in the next five to six years.”
If he can't see that, he should change his work description, or his optician. One of those, at least.

“We simply have to walk through the valley of tears” to figure out how to save more money on producing battery-powered cars, Stefan Juraschek, vice president of electric-powertrain development, told reporters at a briefing at a BMW testing facility in Munich.

With driving ranges limited by current technology, the company expects it to take about seven years to double the amount of energy stored in a battery, which weighs about 230 kilograms (510 pounds) in the squat BMW i3 hatchback. Improving battery performance is key, as “there’s a clear trend to bigger electric cars and longer driving ranges,” Juraschek said.

They won't walk through the valley of tears, they will be self driven through a valley of battery factories...

Reactions: OBX John
Status
Not open for further replies.