Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I sell my ICE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First world issue, I know, but... should I sell my ICE? I’ve had my 3 for a few months and it’s great, meanwhile my old car is gathering dust.
Sell it ASAP before the general car buying public realizes that EVs are fundamentally better than ICE cars and demand for them, and used values, plummets. ;)

Seriously, the market is about 5 to 8 years away from that becoming reality. But it will happen when EVs achieve purchase price parity with ICE’s, charging is available almost everywhere, and car buyers realize that EV operating costs are much lower. Basic economics will drive the change to EVs, and it will be unstoppable.

should I sell my ICE?
NO, have it crushed! Selling the car just passes on another polluting vehicle to another driver who will probably drive it more miles than you do. My goal is to get all ICE off the road. CRUSH THEM ALL!
animated-car-image-0503.gif

We plan to pass it on to the kid who's about to get a learner's permit. Otherwise I'd put it up for sale the day I got the 3 home.

Then again it's far more in the category of "functional transportation" than what you've got there, and I wouldn't say there's any particular emotional attachment to it.
Same here! My oldest gets her permit in 1 year. There is no way she’s driving the Tesla so the Mazda 6 will stay for her to use. I fully anticipate the wheels will get some serious curb rash

First world issue, I know, but... should I sell my ICE? I’ve had my 3 for a few months and it’s great, meanwhile my old car is gathering dust.

It’s a 2001 BMW 325it with stick shift and sport package. I drove it last week and it was actually fun. I have no rational reason to keep it (good for backup purposes and for surfing— though I can fit an 8’ in the 3), but curious as to what others have done.

I just sold my 2001 325ci that I had for 17 years, although my last 10 years I barely put 10k on it total (weekender/tennis car). It was hard not just because it was one of the oldest things I owned, but because it was probably the last manual transmission vehicles I’d ever own or possibly even ever drive.

Reactions: geometro