Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I trade in Model X for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I received a trade in offer from Tesla and I’m going today for an appraisal from CarMax. Tesla offered $61K for it as a trade, so I’m going to list it for sale at $68K. I think this price is more than reasonable considering there are no used X’s out there for less than $80K.

I’ll go make a post in the Tesla’s for sale thread unless anyone here has a Model 3 reservation ready to configure and would like to work with me. :)

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Reactions: MrRandyB
Ok, before you all think I’m crazy...let me explain. We are a family of 7 and I’ve had the Model X 75D almost 2 years now and have put 37,000 miles on it. I commute about 110 miles each day for work in California and it has been great. We’ve gone on road trips and family vacations in it and created lots of great memories. My 75D also has the upgraded sound system, ventilated seats, bio weapon defense mode and white seats and it’s been fun to drive.

Well a couple months ago we learned that we are expecting child number 6 next summer, which will make 8 and more than the Model X can hold. We also have a Honda Odyssey that seats 8, so that will be our main family traveler from now on and I’ll continue drive the X to work.

I’m seeing all these great reviews of the 3 now and it’s really making me jealous because of the excellent build quality, no FWD issues, smooth fit and finish, etc... on the 3. Plus it’ll have AP2.0 which I know isn’t that great yet but it will be.

What do you guys think I should do?

I'll trade you my brand new 3 plus an amount straight up LOL