Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, cancelled the order. Tesla took their sweet ass time and my consumption rate went down in the rolling 12-month period where the limited system size is much smaller; 6.2kW. Plus, they made no effort to negotiate with SMUD since I have a Cybertruck on order. **** 'em. I'm pissed. šŸ¤¬

Reactions: Xepa777
Sucks to hear.

Given tesla historical problem with service for its cars, a service intensive industry like solar has obvious weak points.

I know a company founded by an ex tesla guy with several ex tesla staff, and their price/watt is actually lower than what tesla quoted me. Feel free to PM me for details.

Thanks, but Iā€™m going with other projects instead. Bumped up my electrical usage, on purpose, last summer to raise the SMUD limit; that effort (and money) was wasted and donā€™t want to do that again to get the system size I want. Plus, I held off on an AC upgrade or electrifying my workshop to put solar first since solar credits will go down next year. At this point, when I eventually get solar, Iā€™m going with an off-roof layout in the backyard to double as a shaded space (wifeā€™s idea); I know Tesla wonā€™t do that.

Thanks, but Iā€™m going with other projects instead. Bumped up my electrical usage, on purpose, last summer to raise the SMUD limit; that effort (and money) was wasted and donā€™t want to do that again to get the system size I want. Plus, I held off on an AC upgrade or electrifying my workshop to put solar first since solar credits will go down next year. At this point, when I eventually get solar, Iā€™m going with an off-roof layout in the backyard to double as a shaded space (wifeā€™s idea); I know Tesla wonā€™t do that.
Well, great news on the credits. The new bill just passed in congress increased solar credits back to 30% starting 1 Jan of this year, backdated.

Good! Thinking about going with something like this. šŸ˜

1F4EB02F-3726-4CBC-B67B-013A6FEFFF57.jpeg

Reactions: charlesj