Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should Trip Progress Bar appear for Intel M3s without premium connectivity after 2024.14 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone who has an Intel-based M3/MY and does not have the premium connectivity has noticed if the Trip Progress Bar that was added in the recent 2024.14 update has appeared in their car. The description in the release notes made it sound like everyone would receive the progress bar when navigating to a destination, but that the bar would only change colour to indicate driving conditions if one was paying for premium connectivity and had online routing turned on. I assumed that after the update my car would still show a solid blue line with the red arrow to indicate how far along my trip I've progressed, the same way it does on the actual nav map, but I've yet to see any trip progress bar appear at all. Can anyone confirm if the progress bar itself is a premium feature only or if it's appeared on their Intel-based car. My car's a 2021 Model 3 if that helps. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone who has an Intel-based M3/MY and does not have the premium connectivity has noticed if the Trip Progress Bar that was added in the recent 2024.14 update has appeared in their car. The description in the release notes made it sound like everyone would receive the progress bar when navigating to a destination, but that the bar would only change colour to indicate driving conditions if one was paying for premium connectivity and had online routing turned on. I assumed that after the update my car would still show a solid blue line with the red arrow to indicate how far along my trip I've progressed, the same way it does on the actual nav map, but I've yet to see any trip progress bar appear at all. Can anyone confirm if the progress bar itself is a premium feature only or if it's appeared on their Intel-based car. My car's a 2021 Model 3 if that helps. Thanks!

No idea if it appears without premium connectivity, but I can confirm it does appear WITH premium connectivity. My 2018 Model 3P (with FSD purchased outright) just got the update that shows this trip progress bar today. My car has the intel atom processor (as all model 3s did in 2018) so it definitely works on intel atom.

I just dont know if it doesnt work with premium connectivity since I also have that (I purchase it yearly).

Upvote 0