Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me your Model Y accessories (interior and exterior)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NHK X

Nov 18, 2017
Texas
White on black MYP on order and I went a little crazy pre ordering accessories. Here is a short list, but just in case I am missing anything, please post photos of any interior and exterior modifications or accessories.

- Down payment for full body XPEL stealth and ceramic coat / front door ceramic window tint
- Tesla OEM all season floor mats (also ordered Tesmanian but was far happier with the OEM)
- OEM roof rack
- Yakima Grand Tour 16 cargo box
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons
- Replacement LED for puddle lights
- Matte screen protector
- Mudflaps X 4
- Homelink kit
- Matte carbon fiber vinyl wrap (to wrap dash wood)

Any other recs would be appreciated! Or just show off your set up!

White on black MYP on order and I went a little crazy pre ordering accessories. Here is a short list, but just in case I am missing anything, please post photos of any interior and exterior modifications or accessories.

- Down payment for full body XPEL stealth and ceramic coat / front door ceramic window tint
- Tesla OEM all season floor mats (also ordered Tesmanian but was far happier with the OEM)
- OEM roof rack
- Matte screen protector
- Mudflaps X 4
- Homelink kit

Haha, sounds like we likely both have rooms in our houses full of accessories just waiting for a MYP to arrive.

I ordered the LDCRS mats on sale from the link the put in the Y forum. Obviously I haven’t fitted them yet but the quality is excellent, no branding and no smell.
LDCRS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 2021 - All Weather Floor Mats - Premium 3D Waterproof Car Mats Without Logo - Heavy Duty Non Slip Floor Liners - Set of 3 (1st & 2nd Row) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D74G63...abc_DYEH984A0VFDS9FJATY1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered the console organizer trays, cup holder insert and rear seat organizer from Carwiner on Amazon after watching Ryan Shaw’s YouTube about them, seems like it will make those areas more useful.

I also have the matte screen protector (Spigen) and Homelink. As we discussed in another thread, I’ll be fitting the Ubers with AS4 tires for our mild OK winters and plan on doing a full Xpel Stealth wrap.

Are you picking up at the KC delivery location (OK prevents home delivery, not sure if TX does too)? After seeing another poster report their MYP had mudflaps installed when they got there, I’m hoping that’s one I won’t need to purchase.

Exterior, front license plate mount:
Quick Bandit: Quick Bandit - Model Y license plate mount | 1975creations
Snapplate: EveryAmp
That Grin: ThatGrin.com | Slipstream Bracket No Drilling Front License Plate Mounting Solution for Tesla Model Y

Sun shade for glass roof (even if you add additional tint to the already 5% factory tint)

Cargo cover: these start at around $90 and can be found on Amazon and eBay; also sold by Tesmanian, RPM Tesla, etc.

Hatch floor liner: Weathertech, Tesla, Tesmanian and other sellers

Last edited:
Haha, sounds like we likely both have rooms in our houses full of accessories just waiting for a MYP to arrive.

I ordered the LDCRS mats on sale from the link the put in the Y forum. Obviously I haven’t fitted them yet but the quality is excellent, no branding and no smell.
LDCRS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 2021 - All Weather Floor Mats - Premium 3D Waterproof Car Mats Without Logo - Heavy Duty Non Slip Floor Liners - Set of 3 (1st & 2nd Row) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D74G63...abc_DYEH984A0VFDS9FJATY1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered the console organizer trays, cup holder insert and rear seat organizer from Carwiner on Amazon after watching Ryan Shaw’s YouTube about them, seems like it will make those areas more useful.

I also have the matte screen protector (Spigen) and Homelink. As we discussed in another thread, I’ll be fitting the Ubers with AS4 tires for our mild OK winters and plan on doing a full Xpel Stealth wrap.

Are you picking up at the KC delivery location (OK prevents home delivery, not sure if TX does too)? After seeing another poster report their MYP had mudflaps installed when they got there, I’m hoping that’s one I won’t need to purchase.
Actually picking up here in El Paso, we have a service center and a gallery here, so far I haven't heard of anything limiting deliveries here.

Haha yeah, my garage shelving is full of accessories.

The console organizers/cup holder inserts and seat organizers are a good idea. I need some seat protectors as well to protect from the carseats (x 3).

Reactions: mmatlock
I need some seat protectors as well to protect from the carseats (x 3).
I’m moving these over from our MDX, they have worked well:
Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector (Black, for Baby Car Seat) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXQJWR...abc_QY8FX796K07W4QSG818G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Lusso Gear Heavy Duty Kick Mats (2 Pk) - Back Seat Protector, Sag Proof, Waterproof, Car Back Seat Cover for Kids Who Make Big Messes, 3 Reinforced Storage Pockets, Premium Oxford Fabric https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7AIRY...abc_0QH5K3164XG5DAFHD19X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: NHK X

- OEM roof rack
- Matte screen protector
- Mudflaps X 4
- Homelink kit

On sale at 20% off right meow!

Screenshot_20211125-052949_Samsung Internet.jpg

MYP ordered. White on white
So far we ordered the mats from LCRC or whatever they are
Rear trunk sill protection (from the dogs)
Canvasback rear area protector (for the dogs)

Wanted to order the Carbon Fiber overlay from RPM to cover the white but their shipping was a joke so looking for other options. Will most likely buy a winter set up for tires and wheels. KY mild winters but wife is driving the Y. Also we will do front tint and front PPF. Probably also get the seats ceramic coated. About it for now.

I’m moving these over from our MDX, they have worked well:
Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector (Black, for Baby Car Seat) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXQJWR...abc_QY8FX796K07W4QSG818G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Lusso Gear Heavy Duty Kick Mats (2 Pk) - Back Seat Protector, Sag Proof, Waterproof, Car Back Seat Cover for Kids Who Make Big Messes, 3 Reinforced Storage Pockets, Premium Oxford Fabric https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7AIRY...abc_0QH5K3164XG5DAFHD19X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Awesome appreciate the recs

Reactions: mmatlock

On sale at 20% off right meow!

View attachment 738136
No issues using this so far? Don’t know why Tesla doesn’t make it this way from the beginning

Reactions: cusetownusa
Some things I've picked up for my MYLR getting delivered on Monday:
  • MicroSD card w/USB adapter for Dashcam / Sentry / Boombox / MP3s
  • LDCRS Floor Mats
  • Mud Flaps
  • Abstract Ocean screen protector (more for fingerprints / glare than anything else)
  • Tire pump
  • Center console tray
  • Tesbros door kick panel PPF
  • Passenger emergency door lever cover (3D printed)
  • Vent covers (3D printed)
  • Under-seat storage tray
  • Frunk / Under-trunk liners
  • Garage door opener (velcro to back of screen)
  • Cup holder liner
  • Strap for forward under-trunk storage area
  • Xpel PPF / tint install scheduled for Tuesday
Other stuff I may or may not get (in order of decreasing likelihood):
  • Windshield sun shade
  • Roof sun shade
  • Jack pads
  • Jump starter
  • Cargo cover
  • Trunk mat (I don't find this as useful as most. I have velcro blocks that I like to use in the trunk to help stabilize cargo.)
  • Center console tray with USB hub (replace cheap one already purchased if multi-partition MicroSD card doesn't work out)

Where did you order this from?
Got the design from Thingiverse and got it printed at my kid's school.

Awesome list. Can I see a photo of the dipped badges?

Also, I saw key fob on the list. I had purchased one for my prior model 3 and it didn’t Auto Unlock as I walk up to the car like it does for my model X. Has it changed? Or do you still need to press the key fob to lock and unlock?
Sure, i'll upload a pic when i've done it 😅 waiting to do all the de-chroming + spoiler install all together when i have time...

the fob does work by proximity to auto lock/unlock the car. i find there is sometimes a bit more delay than using my iphone as a key.