Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bootyful. How is the “flushness” with 20x10 et 30? @Y_NOT

its flushhhh
41F2E5DF-A914-402D-A993-45B9551BBA26.jpeg
083B1CD8-5C73-4A59-9FAB-1868143AF925.jpeg
DBDAC3EE-2506-4D0C-97D4-FE4D2D69E7AF.jpeg
D9D4216C-A078-4669-ADC6-9E436EE7922A.jpeg

I didn’t have time to take proper photos, but snapped a few quick photos of the new winter wheels!

I finally got my low profile floor jack and the right socket for the lugs to get it done.

When undoing my lugs on the Uberturbines, they were pretty far from the 129 ft lbs. Yikes.

anyway, I’ll drive out to a nice location tomorrow to do proper photos, but here they are.

Tsportline TY115 20” with Michelin X-Ice SNOW.

024BE07E-A257-43DE-8F04-CD50AE007C33.jpeg
6D4932AD-7156-4976-826C-B4DBC4347258.jpeg
E3390077-9DEE-4F5A-81A3-3F0D8572CF3F.jpeg

As of this month (May), we have been shipping factory bluetooth sensors with all Model Y wheel & tire packages (WTP). This is outlined in the description of all wheel & tire package listings.

19"
Tesla Model Y 19

20"
Tesla Model Y Aftermarket 20 inch Tesla Wheel and Tire Package
I am looking for a smoother ride. I live in Bucks County, PA. Rough roads. Thinking of 18 inch rims fir a nicer ride. Would it really work. If I use non Tesla wheels will it void my warranty?

Thanks but do you think the wheel change will significantly improve the ride -smoother? Thanks

Down sizing wheels & good tires will definitely improve ride quality no doubt a about it. Also softer spring rates which is offered by UPP and i think also Mountain Pass? Will dramatically improve your ride quality. Aftermarket springs could void your warranty if Tesla finds faults due to the springs but its highly unlikely. 20+ years of modding cars I havent had issue with just springs, full coilovers with bunch of other aftermarket modifications could raise a flag but again dealer has to prove the problem is due to the aftermarket parts. They can’t just deny your warranty just cause you have aftermarket parts. They CAN say they wouldn’t work on your car since you have aftermarket parts that doesnt mean your warranty is voided. If they don’t want to work on your car simply swap ur aftermarket parts to stock parts and take it in

View attachment 597630 View attachment 597631 I went with Flow Forged Avant Garde M610's in 20". Same idea as spsheridan above. Better ride, more rubber outside the rim. I stayed with the Pirelli's and have about 8,000 miles on them now. 255's on the front and 285's on the rear.

Has anyone bought any of the 19 inch T Sportline wheels on their MY? If so, please post pictures, I am thinking about getting the TSS or TST wheels and putting the stock tires from the geminis, but I am wondering about looks and performance on range and ride compared to the inductions or geminis.

View attachment 597862 I had these TSS 20 inch ones on my MY until I got in a wreck and it may be totaled so now thinking about going non-performance with geminis and just opting for the 19 inch version of the TSS’s...

Hey man, love the wheels... have a bunch of questions, would appreciate some help.

What are all of the specs for this wheel? I have the LR so am also wondering what the tire size is?

Have you noticed any decrease in range since getting the wheels vs stock wheels?

What would you recommend I buy (wheel size and tires?)

Thanks a lot.

Jay

View attachment 597630 View attachment 597631 I went with Flow Forged Avant Garde M610's in 20". Same idea as spsheridan above. Better ride, more rubber outside the rim. I stayed with the Pirelli's and have about 8,000 miles on them now. 255's on the front and 285's on the rear.
Hey man, love the wheels... have a bunch of questions, would appreciate some help.

What are all of the specs for this wheel? I have the LR so am also wondering what the tire size is?

Have you noticed any decrease in range since getting the wheels vs stock wheels?

Thanks a lot.

Jay

Thanks a lot.

Jay

I have the same wheels (Avant Garde M610 in 20" with Satin Black finish) on LR MSM. I chose the same tire size as 20" induction... 255 40 R20 but with Vredestein Quatrac for more comfort and better handling in wet conditions. The offset is 35 to make it close to the look of 21" uberturbines, but without the harshness. The claimed weight of these wheels from Avant Garde was 24 lbs., but I did not weigh them before installing. I think the ride is comparable to 19" Gemini's since the wheel weight/tire combo seem to offset the slightly bigger wheel size.

I'm not sure about the range, but I'm assuming it would be similar to other aftermarket wheels at this size. The look is similar to Martians but with beefier/thicker spokes. I think you should consider 20"x9" (with same 35 offset) if you want more rim protection (I've already curbed the wheel twice!).

Y.jpg