Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a set of these bad boys. Cannot believe how light they are
50E0C77C-ED22-4801-85C8-AB0129122BF8.jpeg

Reactions: ggunn9
Hi all, I’m new to the forum.

I have a 2023 Model Y Long Range on order which should be here in a few weeks. I’m getting white/white with the 19” Gemini wheels. I’m leaning towards getting the AEPX VS-5RS in 19x9.5 size and using with the stock tires and TPMS sensors. I do have a couple of questions:

1) Do I need aftermarket lug nuts or will these fit fine with the factory lug nuts?

2) Will the Tesla center caps sold for the Gemini wheels fit on these wheels in place of the APEX center caps?

Even though the satin black color would most likely match the satin black trim on the vehicle, I’m leaning towards getting the brushed clear color as it seems to pop much more and shows off the angles of the wheels better. I’m judging this just from pictures as I haven’t seen these wheels in person.

Any information or opinions anyone can give would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Another look of the APEX VS5RS in Brushed Clear.
IMG_1797.jpeg

Additional colors and other APEX products in-stock ✅

If interested, message or email [email protected] for any specials or P&P package deals.
-Danny

These are direct P&P swap for your Model Y!

Reactions: djones225
Where do you purchase your lugnuts?

Do you know if the Ohlins coilovers will work on non-performance variant Y's?

Sorry, just now seeing this question.

You can buy Project Kics lugnuts from any performance shop. Got mine locally from Evasive Motorsports.
Got a set here!

IMG_1423.jpeg

Danny

Reactions: jombolo
Another look of the APEX VS5RS in Brushed Clear.
View attachment 912860

Additional colors and other APEX products in-stock ✅

If interested, message or email [email protected] for any specials or P&P package deals.
-Danny

These are direct P&P swap for your Model Y!

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the pictures. I guess I haven’t been on the forum long enough to send messages, so I sent you an email.

Reactions: MODEL+
New shoes for our shop MYP, 20x10 squared Titan7 T-D6E with Michelin 275/40-20 in Custom Bronze finish and finished off with Macht Schnell Tuner Style Lugs.

52753901086_34625c44b1_b.jpg

52754145224_63f71973bf_b.jpg

52754145179_52bdce8a9f_b.jpg

52754308700_4ab5a460f2_b.jpg

52754144879_dd1b54953d_b.jpg

52754308700_4ab5a460f2_b.jpg

52754388393_02d7307842_b.jpg

52753362647_1602c9b403_b.jpg

52754145079_7a40693feb_b.jpg

@MODEL+ came through with lightning speed shipping and the transaction was easy peasy!, the Project Kicks lug nuts are still a couple of days out but the wheels....! The scale is just a $40 one I got off of Amazon and it registered anywhere from 19.5 to 19.8 when setting wheel on, I'm sure the advertised 19.6 lbs. is correct, damn these things are light!

Wheel .jpeg
Wheel Label.jpeg

Got em' mounted today, I cannot believe how much difference it makes to knock 10lbs. a corner off! handling/ride quality improved more than expected and as a bonus it appears from just a 50 mile drive that the efficiency went up!

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    796.2 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    970.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    655.9 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 325
@MODEL+ came through with lightning speed shipping and the transaction was easy peasy!, the Project Kicks lug nuts are still a couple of days out but the wheels....! The scale is just a $40 one I got off of Amazon and it registered anywhere from 19.5 to 19.8 when setting wheel on, I'm sure the advertised 19.6 lbs. is correct, damn these things are light!

View attachment 920838View attachment 920839

Got em' mounted today, I cannot believe how much difference it makes to knock 10lbs. a corner off! handling/ride quality improved more than expected and as a bonus it appears from just a 50 mile drive that the efficiency went up!

Hard to argue when looks, handling, performance, and range all went 🆙
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to earn your support, it was a pleasure! 🤝

Danny

Reactions: GreenCoffee
Hard to argue when looks, handling, performance, and range all went 🆙
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to earn your support, it was a pleasure! 🤝

Danny
This is gonna make you laugh, I showed a picture of the wheels to my wife who is the main driver of the car as I have to drive my pick up for work, When she saw them she asked "how much" but then said "oh! those look nice! much better" I Didn't even have to talk her into them!

• Funny
This is gonna make you laugh, I showed a picture of the wheels to my wife who is the main driver of the car as I have to drive my pick up for work, When she saw them she asked "how much" but then said "oh! those look nice! much better" I Didn't even have to talk her into them!
Sounds like she's got great taste. You got a winner buddy! 👏

Continental DWS06+ are fantastic tires btw.

Danny

Sounds like she's got great taste. You got a winner buddy! 👏

Continental DWS06+ are fantastic tires btw.

Danny
Met her in 78' when she was 16, I was 18, she always says I robbed the cradle! I think I'll keep her plus I think the warranty has expired!, I have had at least 5 sets of these DWS06 and am sold on the combo of ride/noise level/handling esp. in the rain and they are the lightest in class every time I look at the competition, everyone loves the pilot sport A/S but I had them once and like these better, Michellin's are a little rougher riding, heavier and not as good in the rain.

• Love