Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate the input. I'm not really looking for a deep dish, just more of a concave face. I know its only 5mm more out, but i wanted to see if anyone is running those measurements to see how it looks and how much rubbing they might be getting.

Oh I see - yeah, a concave face is totally doable, that's what I have on my car. My offset is +38mm. Could probably go a couple more mm and be fine.

Hey Guys!

Both of you are spot on with your assessment as my driver side castor angle was way too positive and had it pushed back. I haven't really had a chance to do a full on inspection at every ride height but at standard and low ride, both my tires barely clear the wheel well by a mm when I'm turinng right and left. I did notice that I have a slight rub in reverse almost at full lock but doesn't concern me as much because I will rarely be full lock in reverse.

In regards to tire tread life, what settings do you guys use? Do you guys have it set at never, always, or highway?

Aggmeister,

I did make note of your comment about both castor's being equal and had brought that up with the tech. He said in his experience with other teslas, if he makes the castor angles equal, the car would veer one way. After driving my car around, I had no veer and my car went straight so I didn't want to press the issue especially when I don't possess the knowledge that you guys have.

I wanted to thank the both of you guys for your time and information as I can now drive my car with some peace of mind.

I will do a full on inspection this weekend at all ride heights and will let you know the results next week!

Be Well and Stay Safe.

Imgur

My car is lowered about 2.5 inches, so i guess you could say "Always" lol. What height did you have the car aligned in? Standard?

It won't make a huge difference, but for absolute best tire life you should cruise on the highway at the setting you had it aligned to.

Now that your rear toe is fixed, you shouldn't have to worry as much about inner edge wear.

If you get annoyed with the rub in reverse, there's an easy fix for that - shave the vent fins in the fender liner that it's rubbing on. Takes about 5 minutes and a file.

Regarding caster being equal ("Setback") - just let us know what you find. From the specs, it may pull a bit to the left - but if you're feeling it go perfectly straight, no need to adjust what works!

Glad everything worked out.

Got the car back. Here's a couple pictures. I feel like the rear is just a tad high though. Front looks on point. Zero rubbing. Thanks again for the help colindo1990, Aggmeister2010, and krsgio. I gotta say, I love the fact that the rear wheel is not lit very well b/c of the concavity, haha.

IMG_20200612_161759.jpg

IMG_20200612_162034.jpg

Are they adjustable ones or something? I have a set of the 3D printed ones from the thread here on the forums that lower them the most.

Yeah, the ones I have are adjustable. I have an extra set. The 3D printed ones are good, but they only work if your car is perfectly leveled, and your sensor brackets aren’t bent (happens a lot).

These (obviously one is missing from the pictures):

mercedes-s-class-w221-airmatic-evolution-lowering-kit-linkages-links.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: SnakeDoctorTD
snake doctor,

wheels look sick, 285/30/20 should clear with no rubbing
my first post & you seem like you know your fitments, I take delivery of my first Tesla, a 2015 85D Titanium Metallic this Wed 06/17. Seeing your car made me glad I picked that color by the way, Your car is tuff. But anyway I decided to go with some 20s. The wheels that I'm getting come in 2 sizes, 20x8.5 +35mm & 20x9.5 +35mm. I live in NYC where potholes were probably invented, so I'm not really interested in performance tires or lowering the car. Might be opened to staggering those 2 sizes if that's the best looking option. I was thinking 265/40/20 on a 20x9.5 all the way around. But something is telling me that's not a good idea now after seeing all these nice Model S's in this thread. My main concerns are potholes, a semi-comfortable ride & no rubbing. Any opinions from you or anyone else would be appreciated. Thanks

D.T.

With the wheels you're running, I suggest 245/40/20 and 275/35/20.

265/40/20 will not fit the fronts
Ok Cool, so that sounds like staggered, so even with those tires, can I still do all 20x9.5s or 20x8.5 in the front 20x9.5 in the back? my concern about the 20x8.5s was they wouldn't be wide enough in the front. I noticed that most of the hot Model Ss are using 9 inches & wider in the front, Thanks again Bro

What size of tyres would you guys suggest with the following rims?
I was going to go with Vossen HF4T and sizes 9x21 ET30 and 10.5x21 ET38.

front - 245/35/21?
rear - 265/35/21or 275/35/21 or 285/30/21?

I don't want them to rub but at the same I would like to ET to be "enough" for the rims to look good.
Do you think the ET is OK on these?

Cheers, appreciated!

Mine are HF-1's with the following setup:

front - 245/35/21 - 9x21 ET30
rear - 265/35/21 - 10.5x21 ET38

I have slight rubbing in the front when I crank the wheel all the way left or right to go forward or reverse when pulling out of a parking spot or trying to do a u turn. If it was really bad I would done something about it but it only happens sometimes. I try not to crank the wheel all the way left or right but the odd time it happens. As far the back tire sizes going bigger then 265 will be cool if you like the tire sticking out a bit. I have curbed my passenger back wheel once really bad actually the entire wheel and got it fixed for $250. Going bigger in tire width might be good so you have less gap in between the edge of the rim and tire. If the tire sticks out over the edge a little might help when curbing a wheel happens. I also like the HF-5's. What finish will you be getting and is your car lowered.

Vossen HF-1
front - 245/35/21
rear - 265/35/21

I have air suspension but have been a little hesitant to lower the car. It would make it look way better especially after seeing all the pics of other S's that are lowered. Would be buying the Unplugged Performance brackets if I did. Any advice would be great. Has anyone installed the brackets themselves. How easy is it to install them and take them out.

View attachment 549729
View attachment 549730
View attachment 549733

Srakker75D, is there a chance to get a few side pictures of the front to see how flush you are with the front fenders. Thanks

Reactions: DRK KNT