Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're good.

We machine a 21x9.5+35 for the refresh S and a 21x9.0+25 will sit in the same outer position. Not too aggressive, not too conservative. 265/35/21 factory tire size will fit great.

21x10.5+39 is a solid fitment for Refresh. Again, not overly aggressive and not too conservative. Would use 295/30/21 tire.

You'll need 72.56mm (BMW) to 64.1mm (TSLA) hubrings.

Model S 2021 Wheel Guide here.
Thank you for the reply.

However, I don’t have the refresh S. I have a 2017 to be exact. What are your thoughts of fitment for this year?

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Drew-MS
Thank you for the reply.

However, I don’t have the refresh S. I have a 2017 to be exact. What are your thoughts of fitment for this year?

Thank you in advance
Gotcha!

For the 2017, I'd recommend the 20" TSV:
  • Size: 20x9.0" Front & Rear, or 20x9.0" Front & 20x10" Rear
  • Offset: +35 Front, +40 Rear
  • 4x 245/40-20 Tires or 2x 245/40-20 & 2x 275/40-20 Tires

That's going to be show HERE

Question for @Tsportline

I can see the wheels are fully forged. Is there a reason why you don't do custom widths/offsets? Seems like it would be quite easy to do so, if a customer were to request it?

Wheels are pretty nice, but I would prefer a 21x11 rear and more negative offset both front and rear.

Happy to clarify - The T Sportline wheels on my car I posted above (TS115) are 100% forged. No gimmicks....forged meaning 100% forged.

T Sportline offers both fully forged and flow formed/forged wheels.

You are correct, the price is much different between T Sportline 'Flow Formed / Flow Forged' (many folks interchange these as the same) and T Sportline Fully Forged (traditional forging).

Here is how it breaks down:

T Sportline Flow Formed / Forged wheels (Such as TSV, TS5, TSS, TST) - these are designed / engineered in California and manufactured in Asia.

T Sportline Fully Forged wheels (Such as TSSF, TS114, TS115, TS117, TS118) - these are designed / engineered AND made in California. The forgings are made in California and we machine them in California, 100%

Sorry for the confusion, hope this helps! Source of info - I am the CEO at T Sportline ;)
Excellent information, thanks ! BTW, when the heck are we going to see those backordered carbon fiber mud flaps?

I can see the wheels are fully forged. Is there a reason why you don't do custom widths/offsets? Seems like it would be quite easy to do so, if a customer were to request it?

Wheels are pretty nice, but I would prefer a 21x11 rear and more negative offset both front and rear.

wheel companies usually go with a conservative offset to avoid rubbing issues
While we're much more than wheels, here's the high level of why we don't offer an infinite amount of offsets in a single diameter for every car. It's cost prohibitive, and we'd have to charge 20-30% more per wheel do execute offerings in this manner.

1. All of flash from the forging press has to be $machined off.

monoblock-101-640x426.jpg

2. Each forged wheel (diameter and width ie. 21x9.5) requires a $machine program and a $setup for that program. The offset of the wheel & the profile of the wheel (face/spoke curvature) are machined on a lathe (below). If we created a custom program for a customer who wanted their front and rear wheels to stick out more for an aggressive look, that's two new $programs and two new $setups.

monoblock-122.jpg

3. The face design of the wheel is machined on a cnc mill. This also requires writing a $program. Video here of our TS115 being CNC machined:

Customers who usually desire a custom offset often desire a customized face (ie. more concave curvature/spokes in the rear). Machining a new face curvature not only requires a $new lathe program to shape the face of the wheel, but also requires a $new machine program to cnc machine the design of the wheel on the new face.

4. Everytime we placed a dollar sign "$" above would cause a forged wheel set to be more expensive if we made a customized offset for each individual customer.

Our goal has always been to provide each Tesla owner with a set of forged wheels which look good on the car with a sporty stance, doesn't give the customer any issues (ie. rubbing, massive loss of range, etc) and are offered at a great price. Aluminum has went up 50%+ over the last 12 months, and we're proud to say we've only had to raise pricing by a mere 9% since 2013. That takes massive foresight, forecasting, capital $$$$$ and hedging all for the benefit of the customer!

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 3.17.15 PM.png

We use aluminum sourced in California, forged in California, machined in California and finished in California.

Flashback: Was anyone here a Tesla owner in 2012-2013 when Tesla would custom paint your car (Porsche Paint to Sample style) for upwards of $12,000 and then shortly discontinued this program shortly after?
IMG_7385.JPG

Flashback: Was anyone here a Tesla owner in 2012-2013 when Tesla would custom paint your car (Porsche Paint to Sample style) for upwards of $12,000 and then shortly discontinued this program shortly after?
View attachment 782648
Yes, I was an early adopter and remember the PTS program well... this recent wrap is not my cup of tea. ;)

View attachment 782870
1647664688462.png

Last edited:
back to the OP...this Plaid is rolling on TS118 20x10 and 20x11 machine forged wheels in gloss black with a combined average weight of 25.3 lbs which is 25% lighter than the factory 21" wheels (34lbs). front tire: 285/35/20, rear tire: 305/30/20

Black-Tesla-Model-S-Plaid-20-inch-ts118-gloss-black-wm-1.jpg

Black-Tesla-Model-S-Plaid-20-inch-ts118-gloss-black-wm-2.jpg

Black-Tesla-Model-S-Plaid-20-inch-ts118-gloss-black-wm-3.jpg

BONUS: We reupholstered the entire interior in Aston Saddle. Steering wheel was hand crafted locally in Southern California out of solid walnut wood and dyed to match factory decor. MORE PHOTOS HERE
Black-Tesla-Model-S-Plaid-aston-martin-interior-wm-7.jpg

back to the OP...this Plaid is rolling on TS118 20x10 and 20x11 machine forged wheels in gloss black with a combined average weight of 25.3 lbs which is 25% lighter than the factory 21" wheels (34lbs). front tire: 285/35/20, rear tire: 305/30/20

View attachment 783313

View attachment 783314

View attachment 783315

BONUS: We reupholstered the entire interior in Aston Saddle. Steering wheel was hand crafted locally in Southern California out of solid walnut wood and dyed to match factory decor. MORE PHOTOS HERE
View attachment 783316
Absolutely gorgeous!

Reactions: TSportline