Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Showroom deal and build quality improvement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no pull ahead with tesla
They bought out your RR which is different than what you are asking. You may have had positive equity in the RR which is why they bought it, but they didn't pull you out of the RR lease.

Correct. With the RR there was most likely and upside for them when they bought you out of that lease. In a pull ahead offer typically the remaining payments of the lease are waived and any small wear and tear and over mileage are "forgiven". Volvo has been calling continuously for 6 months offering a pull ahead deal on my XC90.

Woah, what is a showroom car exactly, and what does it go through that makes Tesla willing to sell it for half off? Are we just talking about the cars that Tesla uses for test drives?
I don't have the exact dates of the price cuts, but the S/X have had severe price cuts over the past year for brand new ordered cars. The P100D originally could cost nearly $170k, but nowadays a brand new one with most of the bells and whistles is around $120k (not incl. FSD). Along with those price cuts they also simplified the options so that most things came standard. Today you can order a brand new X performance fully loaded for around 30% less than I paid in 2017. Early in 2019 was a big part of that price cut. The person you were replying to indicated it was MCU1 and I believe the transition to MCU2 happened before any of the price cuts so that was a "fully non-reduced price" being compared to todays bargains and over a year sitting in a showroom and 2K worth of test drives.

During the transition to new prices they continued to show the original MSRP in their online listings of existing stock so while a showroom car might show at the $160k it would cost when it was built, the cars you could buy by the end of Q2 2019 were much much less expensive. Those price cuts alone (and option bundling) were probably responsible for at least half of the price reductions on that showroom car.

• Helpful
Reactions: BenderTmoc
Got my new shoes on!

Chrome delete in progress...ran out of vinyl haha

Better pics later

Stop hijacking my post! Jkjk :D

Attachments

• 622CABDD-6147-434C-9ED1-9D0134AE2C6D.jpeg
    622CABDD-6147-434C-9ED1-9D0134AE2C6D.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 100
  • E190E1C7-9F8E-4C7C-8DB3-8A14A2F9873B.jpeg
    E190E1C7-9F8E-4C7C-8DB3-8A14A2F9873B.jpeg