Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side lights while turning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NV Ray

Sep 7, 2020
Just noticed this evening that when I make a left/right turn in my 2012 P85, a light turns on by the headlight illuminating the left/right slightly. Am I just imagining or was that a feature?

Found this in the 2012-20 MS owner's manual. I've probably had it all along. :)

Screenshot 2023-03-08 074530.png

• Informative
Reactions: KalJoMoS and 1speed
Could be an over the air update that changed it.
How would that be possible if there is no hardware change? I thought that the more advanced fog lights had the cornering functionality included in the Tech package with (LED fog light) included automatic high beams. @NV Ray how does headlight look like, is it similar to the avatar photo that I have?
The car I have has no Tech Package (but some individual functions/gadgets does exists) and I was late with my upgrade of the front fog lights as Tesla is no longer willing to upgrade. There actually does exists service bulletin for this exact need…

How would that be possible if there is no hardware change? I thought that the more advanced fog lights had the cornering functionality included in the Tech package with (LED fog light) included automatic high beams. @NV Ray how does headlight look like, is it similar to the avatar photo that I have?
The car I have has no Tech Package (but some individual functions/gadgets does exists) and I was late with my upgrade of the front fog lights as Tesla is no longer willing to upgrade. There actually does exists service bulletin for this exact need…
Here's mine. I do have the Tech Pkg on my 2012.20230308_100255.jpg