Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Mirror Chrome Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious how the chrome delete on your side mirrors is holding up? Any rips or gashes in the wrap? Any issues with the mirror folding?
I had mine done by Justin Castillo in Salt Lake. Fully wrapped like @floormat and have held up for a year. Yeah we don't have the scorcher heat that Scottsdale has, but I think in Los Angeles you'll be fine if you get an experienced installer. Justin has ten years. It gets pretty hot in Salt Lake City in the summer but I don't leave my car in the sun all day. No issues with Salt.

Reactions: hazart
@hazart, your installer was lying to you because he doesn’t have the capabilities to do a proper chrome delete. Mine are fully wrapped. Luxe Auto Spa in Salt Lake City did my chrome delete and I have to say they did an amazing job. My photos don’t do the work justice.View attachment 273459View attachment 273460View attachment 273461
Looking into this topic as I am about to do a full chrome delete. Question: Did the guys took apart your mirror? That looks amazing BTW.

Here is mine. Coloradodetail in denver takes the mirror off in order to do it right. their facebook page shows close up pics from all angles.
35486450_1519718268139773_8538884803993272320_o.jpg

Reactions: untilcomplete
Wow. Great job all around. It looks like they did a sticker or wrap for your steering wheel emblem, is that correct? And are those 20" silver wheels that you had painted black?
yeah, i wanted black wheels so i had them powder coated. there is so much detail on this wrap job it is amazing. i asked for the steering wheel to be done and i was tempted to wrap the wood inside blue but it looked much better than i had anticipated so i left it. i am really glad i had it done. my only thing i didnt like about tesla was their selection of colors. i had to do something different.