Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirror question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been reading a lot of the reviews online and negatives have been the visibility from the rearview mirror and the side view mirror being too small. For anyone that has one, what do you think? Also is the side mirror the same size as the one on the model 3? I have a model 3 and just was curious. Thanks.

I found the view out the back of the Model 3 terrible. The rear deck is too high to allow for much of a wide vertical view. The back window of the Y is considerable smaller, but I felt the view out the back was much better than the 3.

I haven't found the side mirrors lacking at all on either my 3 or the Y I drove.

The mirrors work fine for me so far. The rearview window is tiny and really distorts how far back someone is (they seem closer than they are), but I can flip on the rear camera for added view if needed - and the camera is fantastic for backing up, guidelines included. Much better than what I had on my previous vehicles (probably due to the awesomely huge touchscreen).

Took a test drive, thought the view out the rear was too narrow before driving, but once I was on the road, it wasn't that bad. I saw what I cared about (whether cars were behind me). When backing up, you'll be looking at the rear camera.

How are the side mirrors?
When I sat in the Model 3 with the seat moved all the way back, I couldn't adjust the side mirrors far out enough.
The driver's side mirror still showed the side of the car.

I have mine adjusted out to avoid any blindspot which is what I assume you're trying to do, I cannot see the side of the car in this position unless I move my head to do so if need be.