Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side repeater camera view in Instrument panel when signaling a turn.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be really neat if the side repeater camera would come on in the Instrument Panel, when the turn signal is on. Left camera on the left circle of the instrument panel when turning left, right, when turning right, then return to the normally selected screen.

upload_2020-7-15_15-7-5.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-15_15-7-5.png
    upload_2020-7-15_15-7-5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Currently you can have both side cameras active all the time. You have to swipe up and it would take over the whole screen.

Yes! I figured that out the other day and it’s been super helpful when lane changing in the X, but you can also tell the UI was designed for landscape screens in the M3/MY. The side views are a little small and hard to read at quick glance on MS/MX.

Showing the respective side camera in the IC when signaling would be awesome way to differentiate the flagship vehicles screens / tech wise.

would be awesome way to differentiate the flagship vehicles

I posted the exact same thing on the Model S forums, but the idea didn't have much traction as I thought...
Now that my wife and I just bought a Model X, I love this idea even more, due to the larger size of the X over our S.

I love how Hyundai implemented this function in the 2020 Sonata.

Reactions: KingRaptor
you can also tell the UI was designed for landscape screens in the M3/MY. The side views are a little small and hard to read at quick glance on MS/MX
It is also small and hard to read in the model 3. I just took pictures while clumsily holding a tape measure as a reference. In the model 3 the view takes up the entire right portion of the screen and is the same sizing as in the model X.

I have found the side views helpful while backing up, but not at all while changing lanes. Thus, why it is needed to appear at a bigger size when a turn signal is used. I like the idea of it being in the instrument cluster, but I wonder if the small size there would be too limiting and not much more helpful than we currently have.
638AD84A-C398-4CE5-9600-BC67839F495F.jpeg A8A125AD-5609-4D6A-B186-C825695A4E9A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KingRaptor