Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature #1 delivered today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now *that*'s service.

One of the quirks discovered during delivery was that the charge rate only went up to 48A (not 72A). Hmm. Was my car built with a 48A charger??? Investigation during delivery showed that it was built with a 72A, but there was a software problem that limited the car to 48A. I awoke this morning to a new 7.0 code build that fixed the problem.

Hopefully you have all the bugs worked out by the time I take delivery of my SigX in a couple weeks. ;-)

Now *that*'s service.

One of the quirks discovered during delivery was that the charge rate only went up to 48A (not 72A). Hmm. Was my car built with a 48A charger??? Investigation during delivery showed that it was built with a 72A, but there was a software problem that limited the car to 48A. I awoke this morning to a new 7.0 code build that fixed the problem.
What's the build number. Can we bother you to be the first entry of a Model X into the Firmware Tracker?

So you have taken advantage of the 72A charging at home. What's the electrical wiring required for this? Seemed like I need a separate wiring from my current level 2 charging currently used by my LEAF.
Leaf can either use 3.3 kw or 6.6 kw ~27.5 Amps charging. Home charging EVSE typically uses 40 Amps breaker. You can find all the information you need from FlasherZ's FAQs FAQ: Home Tesla charging infrastructure QA

Leaf can either use 3.3 kw or 6.6 kw ~27.5 Amps charging. Home charging EVSE typically uses 40 Amps breaker. You can find all the information you need from FlasherZ's FAQs FAQ: Home Tesla charging infrastructure QA

My HPWC is being installed in 2 weeks. The electrician has recommended a 100A breaker which will supply up to 80A to the wall charger, which the MX will then reduce to its max of 72A. I'm also installing a 14-50 (separate circuit) next to it in case the HPWC fails (belt & suspenders :)-)).

View attachment 104893

What are the holes or tracks going in under the seats? Not tracks for skis etc.? I pulled up the shadows in the picture.

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that when I was inspecting Elon's X at the reveal. I'll be sure to check it out when I get to see some local Sigs delivered in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, maybe we'll get Ken or Bonnie to investigate more thoroughly.

My HPWC is being installed in 2 weeks. The electrician has recommended a 100A breaker which will supply up to 80A to the wall charger, which the MX will then reduce to its max of 72A. I'm also installing a 14-50 (separate circuit) next to it in case the HPWC fails (belt & suspenders :)-)).

I would concur with that recommendation (wire for 100A breaker/80A delivered). The 14-50 is a nice idea, but if you have two garage bays, I would put it accessible to you other bay for a future second EV, not next to the Model X.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that when I was inspecting Elon's X at the reveal. I'll be sure to check it out when I get to see some local Sigs delivered in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, maybe we'll get Ken or Bonnie to investigate more thoroughly.

Are you talking about the indents in the rear cargo area that appear to go under the third row seats? They are just slight indents that don't continue under.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you're all dying to know what Signature #1s delivery was like, but really uneventful. I haven't had time to write more, so I thought I would re-post the story of the delivery of our Signature #44 Model S:

The phone call came when I wasn't expecting it. Be there, tomorrow, 1pm, and bring money. Lots of money. My heart skipped a beat. Although I'd been waiting for years for this occasion, I still hadn't reconciled that it was happening to me. Now. In my haste, I almost forgot to ask the address, 45500 Fremont Blvd. 1pm. My stomach churned. Was I ready for this? What about my wife of 25 years? It was something we'd never done before, and I knew it would change us forever.

Trouble sleeping. I knew I'd need my rest, but the thoughts of tomorrow kept me awake all night.

Packing the Roadster for the long trip to 45500, I wondered, was I dressed right? What was my wife wearing? What would they think when we got there? Off came the top. They'd told me that much before I left home. Next to the freeway. Everyone was looking at us. Was it because the Roadster was red? Were they staring because the top was off? Did they know what was about to happen to us? I blushed. It seemed like hours, but eventually the SOC meter indicated the point of no return. The GPS said we were close now. It looks like a burned-out industrial area. Not what I expected at all. Deserted. In one area of the parking lot were a lot of cars, that gave away that something was happening inside. Something special. Circling the parking lot, I didn't know where to go. So many buildings, so many doors, and then I saw it. The red one. I knew what I wanted was... Behind the Red Door.

As I walked in the door I was immediately greeted by an impeccably dressed woman. Clearly she wasn't involved in whatever was happening behind the door, but she somehow seemed to belong here. It was also clear she was waiting for us. She put out her hand and demanded I surrender my Roadster keys "these will be going to the service department". As I handed them over, I wondered if I would ever see her again. Sign this, sign that, I was so excited that I didn't even read anything. Next I was asked to pay. I was prepared for this, they had told me in advance that I would have to pay before I could proceed any further. I handed over money. A lot of money. More than I'd ever paid before (not that I pay for this often). They took my picture. I wondered what for, but I was not to find out...

Next we were ushered into a large ballroom, and I had a glimpse of what was to come. When I saw my first, she was naked, being caressed by many robotic arms. Sparks flew. Should I stare? I didn't know the etiquette. At first I wanted to turn away, but my gaze was strangely attracted to this sight. She seemed to enjoy it, but too soon she was pulled from the arms and they did their magic on another. Then I looked, my god, there was a line that seemed to go on forever. After the scene with the robots, they were being dressed, some in black, some in white, but most of them in red. Some were given tops, but most of them remained topless. Then came the gear. A never ending array of gear was attached to them to prepare them for... me?

Finally I was ushered into another room. Here the sight took my breath away; as far as the eye could see. They were prepared for me. My god, they were all so beautiful. Could I have my pick? Would my wife and I choose the same one? What if my wife wanted her own; we had come expecting to share one. I was quickly brought back to reality by the impeccably-dressed woman. Number 00044 is yours. She's over there ready for you. My god she was beautiful. Dressed in red, but with her top off. Her wheels shone like diamonds. Inside her skin was like tan leather. I caressed her looking for flaws as the butterflies danced in my stomach.

I glanced at my wife and she gave me that knowing glance back. I could see the same longing in her eyes, and then I realized that this was happening. We no longer had the keys to our Roadster, we had no other way home. We were powerless to stop it, and we both knew it would change us forever. The impeccably-dressed woman babbled, but I couldn't hear what she was saying, I was totally focused on 00044. My god, that's huge, it looks like 17 inches. I was intimidated, but inside I knew I had plans for it. Impeccably-dressed woman said that "I could turn everything on by touching that".

When we were handed a small black fetish with buttons on it and my attention snapped to the woman. "With this you can get her to do anything you want." Then my gaze went back to 00044. She was babbling something about what each button did, and I wasn't paying attention. I had other plans, and I planned on pressing all the buttons. Before I knew it my wife had grabbed the fetish and slid across 44's tan skin. She was just "44" to us now. I could see the longing in her eye. Could I really just sit there and watch my wife enjoy 44?

She pointed 44 across the parking lot, gentle at first, a little left, a little right. The tension was building, as we both realized we were headed for the freeway. Plastered in my seat, I realized that there was nothing I could do but watch. And touch. My god, you never realize what can be done with 17 inches until you've had one. An hour later my wife was tired; "It's your turn", she said. 44 had no complaints, she was just getting started. We traded positions. 44 wore me out as well. The evening was still early, so we stopped to show her off to some friends, and they had a go with her. My god, it seemed like she would never quit! Back to the freeway, it was my turn again. Wow. My wife and I are tired, and 44 is ready to do it over again. We tether her to the garage and walk inside with the fetish, and I know, life will never be the same. We will sleep well tonight.

Copyright (C) 2012 Kenneth Adelman

Last edited:
I know you're all dying to know what Signature #1s delivery was like, but really uneventful. I haven't had time to write more, so I thought I would re-post the story of the delivery of our Signature #44 Model S.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to adelman again

"Khan!!!!!!"
"These are not the" 44s "you're looking for"

I know people keep asking for pictures, but due to a continued problem with copyright infringement of EVERY photograph I've ever posted on this forum, expect no more from me. I really hate to go, but this is too much.

In this case, the first infringement I found was from Teslarati.COM. The second was from HybridCars.COM. Both have since taken the photograph down. Had either asked for permission before copying my photographs, I would have given it. (Hybridcars.COM asked *after* they were already using it and I declined).

Ken

Well that got my pulse going a bit.

Great story adelman! Thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen that the first time.

Oh, and thanks for clarifying those indentations in the trunk don't go anywhere. I won't get my hopes up that my skis would fit under there. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I know people keep asking for pictures, but due to a continued problem with copyright infringement of EVERY photograph I've ever posted on this forum, expect no more from me. I really hate to go, but this is too much.

In this case, the first infringement I found was from Teslarati.COM. The second was from HybridCars.COM. Both have since taken the photograph down. Had either asked for permission before copying my photographs, I would have given it. (Hybridcars.COM asked *after* they were already using it and I declined).

Ken
Well, that's a shame. Sorry to hear they weren't respectful of your property.

Ken, thank you for what you have shared and your clarifications about certain aspects of the car. Likely everyone would far more value any words you decide to share about the car over the next few weeks versus any photos that I'm sure journalists will publish (likely without asking permission first and properly citing). Please do not go!

This is a public forum. The world has access to read it and does. If it’s newsworthy and affects TSLA stock, it gets reported. Some of my posted information intended only for the use of the members of this forum has ended up at CNNMoney and many other sites. I never post anything that I wouldn’t want shouted to the world. For privacy, only the Tesla Motors private forums and TMC personal messages would be considered slightly protected. But there are no guarantees in this digital world. Using a stand alone computer that has no connectivity is the only answer to keep content secure.

Posted photos on the forum should be watermarked with copyright information to allow others to request un-watermarked copies if available.

Last edited:
This is a public forum. The world has access to read it and does. If it’s newsworthy and affects TSLA stock, it gets reported. Some of my posted information intended only for the use of the members of this forum has ended up at CNNMoney and many other sites. I never post anything that I wouldn’t want shouted to the world. For privacy, only the Tesla Motors private forums and TMC personal messages would be considered slightly protected. But there are no guarantees in this digital world. Using a stand alone computer that has no connectivity is the only answer to keep content secure.

There's a difference between reporting news and violating someone's copyrights.

For websites to use photos they did not own the rights to, without permission, for their own gain is across the line.