Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature #1 delivered today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not been following the copyright discussion and thus do not know what info you have shared about your experience with your Model X thus far. So forgive me if I repeat a questions already asked. How would you compare the Model X's handling to the Model S since you now own both? I imagine the larger the vehicle, the less nimble especially as ground clearance increases, but how much?

I have not been following the copyright discussion and thus do not know what info you have shared about your experience with your Model X thus far. So forgive me if I repeat a questions already asked. How would you compare the Model X's handling to the Model S since you now own both? I imagine the larger the vehicle, the less nimble especially as ground clearance increases, but how much?

I would say it has the same "feel" as the Model S. It has been raining here pretty much non-stop since Friday when I picked it up, so I haven't really had a chance to push it hard. It seems just as nimble to me.

Ken

I would say it has the same "feel" as the Model S. It has been raining here pretty much non-stop since Friday when I picked it up, so I haven't really had a chance to push it hard. It seems just as nimble to me.

Ken

Good to hear. I would be interested to know what you think after owning it longer and having a chance to push it through some canyons or windy mountains. Just be careful with those cliffs on route 1 and the dreaded route 17.

Thanks,

Michael

Ken

That's great to hear!

The guy who does the "Ride the Lightning" podcast happened to run into "Founder 36" while walking his dog (Founder 36 was about to head out with the X). He got to talk with Founder 36 (and even got to drive this stranger's X ~20 feet!) and was told the same thing. I found that surprising. Didn't disbelieve it, but was eager to hear a second opinion.

Pretty amazing.

(I had never listened to that podcast before, as I don't really listen to podcasts at all, but decided to have a listen to the latest episode since he dropped it in a thread here the other day. Is here if anyone wants to listen: Ride the Lightning: Tesla Motors Unofficial Podcast: Episode 21: I Drove a Model X (Oh, and Deliveries Have Begun!) )

I know people keep asking for pictures, but due to a continued problem with copyright infringement of EVERY photograph I've ever posted on this forum, expect no more from me. I really hate to go, but this is too much.

In this case, the first infringement I found was from Teslarati.COM. The second was from HybridCars.COM. Both have since taken the photograph down. Had either asked for permission before copying my photographs, I would have given it. (Hybridcars.COM asked *after* they were already using it and I declined).

Ken

Sorry I honestly don't get this. You can't take a picture that you wouldn't mind placing in the public domain?

He's kind enough to share his private pictures with fellow Tesla fans. He's under no obligation to do anything for anyone especailly for those who do not even know how to say please.

I didn't mean to imply any obligation nor was I making a request. I simply don't understand the issue. I've shared photos on forums from time to time and had I found them somewhere else on the web it wouldn't bother me. After all I've already posted them to a public area where anyone in the world can see them.

I don't feel he's under any obligation to post pictures. I just don't understand why he was so upset.

I didn't mean to imply any obligation nor was I making a request. I simply don't understand the issue. I've shared photos on forums from time to time and had I found them somewhere else on the web it wouldn't bother me. After all I've already posted them to a public area where anyone in the world can see them.

I don't feel he's under any obligation to post pictures. I just don't understand why he was so upset.

Agree

Ken, I just had a chance to check out your Blue Beauty at the Monterey-Seaside store. Was pleased to discover that it has a big headroom advantage over the MS. I've got a long torso and my (short) hair rubs against the S headliner - in the X I must have had 4 inches of clearance.

Thanks for letting people check it out today - it was great to finally see an X in the flesh!

Ken, I just had a chance to check out your Blue Beauty at the Monterey-Seaside store. Was pleased to discover that it has a big headroom advantage over the MS. I've got a long torso and my (short) hair rubs against the S headliner - in the X I must have had 4 inches of clearance.

Thanks for letting people check it out today - it was great to finally see an X in the flesh!

You're welcome!

Ken