Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled the trigger on some 104 Signature Wheels. I'm obviously into the stealthy look. Jamie over at Signature was great...really good communication and followed the delivery all the way through the install.

Been a little busy with work but managed to carve out a little time to take some pics up in the hills. Pardon the messiness of the car...Socal has developed a monsoon season (thankfully) and it's been tough keeping it clean :D

Some stats on the wheels....Jamie was using his bathroom scale to measure so we also measured the stock 20's for comparison.

@SignatureWheel

Signature 104
20x9 ET30 20.0lbs
20.10.5 ET40 21.1lbs

Michelin PS4S
F 245/35/20 R 285/30/20

Wheel + Tire weight
Front 44.1 lbs
Rear 49.2 lbs

Stock Performance 20 weight on same scale
53.1 lbs

Not a bad decrease in weight given the wheel/tire combo is larger. I'm debating on keeping the stock 20's as backups/winter (we travel up north often). Or just selling them...

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

@Powered By Jay

Just got back from a 328 mile drive from Glendale Ca to The Salton Sea and back with the new wheel tire combo.

Mostly freeway with a handful of stops (we were checking out the land art at Desert X) I was trying not to bang around like a crazy person (as usully do) and keep things under control. There were a few occasions where I gunned it (we were out in the desert so how do you not!).

I’d say 1/3 of the trip was in rain (at times pretty heavy rain). Mostly freeway speeds 60-70mph and 90% on autopilot. Also there was some pretty intense wind for 30-40 miles.

We had a family of 4 in the car and a bunch of stuff. Maybe 400-450lbs worth of humans.

328 miles @ 330 wh/mi

Probably should have done some sort of experiment with the old OEMs and new Sig wheels doing the same run but I didn’t... ‍♂️

@Powered By Jay

Just got back from a 328 mile drive from Glendale Ca to The Salton Sea and back with the new wheel tire combo.

Mostly freeway with a handful of stops (we were checking out the land art at Desert X) I was trying not to bang around like a crazy person (as usully do) and keep things under control. There were a few occasions where I gunned it (we were out in the desert so how do you not!).

I’d say 1/3 of the trip was in rain (at times pretty heavy rain). Mostly freeway speeds 60-70mph and 90% on autopilot. Also there was some pretty intense wind for 30-40 miles.

We had a family of 4 in the car and a bunch of stuff. Maybe 400-450lbs worth of humans.

328 miles @ 330 wh/mi

Probably should have done some sort of experiment with the old OEMs and new Sig wheels doing the same run but I didn’t... ‍♂️

That’s really impressive with the setup you got 235 to 285 tire, much more rolling resistant and with all that weight you got in the car.
Recently I went on the road trip with stock 18inch aero, 150 miles I got 310 wh/mi.. and it’s not performance, it’s just a LR RWD...

Btw, the wheels looks really good on your P3D... love that SV104 diesgn, shows the caliper a lot better than stock wheel.

@Tessy80667 Thank you.

Yeh I was a little nervous at first because we were in the mid 400s at first but it kept coming down.

I ran some errands around LA today. Just me in the car.

Did 35.6 miles and got 258wh/mi

70/30 freeway/surface streets. Again, I was keeping it all pretty under control and not being too abnoxious with gunning it.

Not bad right given the size of the wheels?

Tomorrow I’ll have a bit more fun and see what we get.

Reactions: MikeInFL