Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silicon Valley Auto Show without Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point they should have a fair number of cars to go around, no? Maybe they're taking the Apple route and sticking to their own productions vs trying to grab attention at other shows.

I think they're waiting until they have a production car before attending any more auto shows.

Wasn't it rumored that RC vehicles would be rolling off the line in January (this month)? I can't cite a source, but I vaguely remember reading that somewhere. It would make sense though, as they're likely going to need to be locked in on design probably by March at the latest so they can start production.

Again they would have to slap together an interior for an RC Model S to show at either Silicon Valley Auto Show or NAIAS. Assuming the interior still is unfinished, they'd take another barrage of questions and change requests... Worth the hassle as customer feedback? or detracting?

Wasn't it rumored that RC vehicles would be rolling off the line in January (this month)? I can't cite a source, but I vaguely remember reading that somewhere. It would make sense though, as they're likely going to need to be locked in on design probably by March at the latest so they can start production.
I vaguely recall that, but I think they might have been for crash tests. I'd imagine the very first cars they get completely through the manufacturing line, they'd want to get them into crash testing quickly as possible to clear that hurdle just in case something unexpected shows up.