Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SilkySmooth SomthingSpecial Oddly happening right bofore...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Anybody else find it satirically funny that SilkySmooth / SomethingSpecial promised months and months and months ago is finally hitting our cars starting just a week/weeks before the 3rd quarter earnings call? If it wasn't so obvious what they have done it might be comical.

On a side note I had to visit my SC to have them send the update to my car and must say that it is SO MUCH BETTER than .34 and before. (almost 2 months between FW updates for me WTF Tesla)

Reactions: chillaban
Anybody else find it satirically funny that SilkySmooth / SomethingSpecial promised months and months and months ago is finally hitting our cars starting just a week/weeks before the 3rd quarter earnings call? If it wasn't so obvious what they have done it might be comical.

On a side note I had to visit my SC to have them send the update to my car and must say that it is SO MUCH BETTER than .34 and before. (almost 2 months between FW updates for me WTF Tesla)

I don’t know how much attention they’ll want to draw during earnings toward the multiple missed promises concerning AP2 versus AP1, silky smooth or otherwise - many of which remain outstanding post *.42. As just one example, have a look at that stellar December 2016 video which clearly demonstrates stop sign recognition *and* reaction. The latter first referenced in October 2014, of course.

I’ll have to stop by an SvC as well after this current road trip (during which AP2 has just been a never-ending series of disengagements) for another update. I have to make this road trip again, so the comparison will be notable.

Back to earnings - odds are the analysts will be fixated upon all things Model 3. A shame, since S/X interest remains high, and it’s not like they were going to produce all that many Model 3s in 2017 anyway.

I look forward to when the Boring Company becomes a recurring topic during earnings calls. “This past quarter, 250,000 Model S/X/3/Ys were transported via Boring tunnels continent-wide.” “Gary the Snail was last seen exploring the inside of a margarita glass in Acapulco.”

Eh. It could happen.

I think they're going as fast as they can on AP 2. What a lot of people seem to forget is this is not some slight upgrade over the last cell phone operating system. This is a completely new thing that nobody has gotten right yet. This kind of development is non-linear and it's amazing to me that they made as much progress in less than a year than as they did.

Reactions: EinSV
I think they're going as fast as they can on AP 2. What a lot of people seem to forget is this is not some slight upgrade over the last cell phone operating system. This is a completely new thing that nobody has gotten right yet. This kind of development is non-linear and it's amazing to me that they made as much progress in less than a year than as they did.

The problem isn’t the development. The problem has been the repeated misstatements by management associated with that development, which have led to money spent in good faith upon functionality that has in fact regressed.

It’s all well and good that “they” will get “there” “soon”. In the meantime, the problem is how to make those who have been impacted whole.

The problem isn’t the development. The problem has been the repeated misstatements by management associated with that development, which have led to money spent in good faith upon functionality that has in fact regressed.

It’s all well and good that “they” will get “there” “soon”. In the meantime, the problem is how to make those who have been impacted whole.
^^ this

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones