Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sim card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been answered before.
Receiving new Model 3 on Sept 22 through lease. Do I need to prep anything for a SIM card for the vehicle or will it already come with one I just need to activate and set up monthly payment?
I read that you need to provide own penstick to be able to start record anything.

Even if you don't pay the $10/month for premium connectivity, the car will still have a SIM and active LTE connection that Tesla pays for. You won't be able to stream Netflix or music, and will lose traffic visualizations on the NAV screen.

Apologies if this has been answered before.
Receiving new Model 3 on Sept 22 through lease. Do I need to prep anything for a SIM card for the vehicle or will it already come with one I just need to activate and set up monthly payment?
I read that you need to provide own penstick to be able to start record anything.
Did you mean to say SD card since you mention recording? There’s no need, as others have mentioned, to add one as it’s already installed in the vehicle. You only pay for the monthly premium connectivity if you want the associated features that come with it.