Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sir Lancelot in my frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I get this frequent noise in my P90DXL, tried to record it but just can't capture on my phone. So here is my best attempt to describe it lol...

If you were to imagine a sword fighting scene between two heavily armored knights in a movie, it'd be like when one sword strikes the other and slides along the blade, except very quiet with a fade in and fade out. Lasts about a half second and seems to be at slower speeds. It's hard to isolate but seems to be coming from passenger side front.

Anythoughts?

TC

No it's definitely something electric or electronic. Would it be possible to "hear" a sensor if it were defective?

In surgery we use something called a Harmonic Scalpel, it uses ultrasonic vibrations of a blade to cut tissue. It sounds just like when the blade is not properly tightened on this instrument.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it's not really coming from the frunk I was just trying to be clever...

No it's definitely something electric or electronic. Would it be possible to "hear" a sensor if it were defective?

In surgery we use something called a Harmonic Scalpel, it uses ultrasonic vibrations of a blade to cut tissue. It sounds just like when the blade is not properly tightened on this instrument.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it's not really coming from the frunk I was just trying to be clever...

I have no idea what that sounds like. Based on your description, I'm also imagining a more metallic sound. However I noticed a sound myself this weekend, it sounded mechanical shifting, potentially hydraulic. I turned off my HVAC and the sound stopped. Not sure what it was but maybe give that a try to see if we're actually hearing the same thing.