Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Siri shortcuts via Apple Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Stats app has a widget for the watch. I use it pretty frequently when coming back from shopping to have Siri open the trunk.
Actually it’s a complication. :D Widgets are what appear in the first (left) page on the phone (and for the car tend to keep it awake).

Remote Tesla (used to be called Remote S) also has Siri commands. I’ve not tried either since I think the slowness isn’t worth the hands-free vs. using the phone or fob. More power to those that like them!

• Informative
Reactions: UTMB
I've used Remote for Tesla (formerly Remote S) and now use Stats. Both have great Siri Shortcuts and Apple Watch support. I'm liking the iOS app for Stats a LOT better than Remote for Tesla. The Siri Shortcuts seem to be more reliable with Stats as well.

The only gripe I have with Stats vs Remote for Tesla is the Siri Shortcut for climate control. With Stats you have to set a static temperature setting in order for it to engage climate via Siri. Meaning i have to pre-define a temperature setting and it will only turn on climate to that temp each time. With Remote for Tesla, it would turn on the climate and use the last used temp setting. I found the latter much more convenient.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Actually it’s a complication. :D Widgets are what appear in the first (left) page on the phone (and for the car tend to keep it awake).

Remote Tesla (used to be called Remote S) also has Siri commands. I’ve not tried either since I think the slowness isn’t worth the hands-free vs. using the phone or fob. More power to those that like them!

Ahh yeah complications. I’m relatively new the the Apple Watch world. Stats plus Siri works great for opening the trunk for me.

I have watch for Tesla $7

setup with complications

center is status
Bottom is unlock option

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 134
I've tried alot of Watch complications, Stats, AutoMate, EV Watch. Those are fine, but I like Watch for Tesla the best, currently. It has sub complications so you can have more than one on your watch face.

Currently, I have the Open Frunk as my sub complication, since that's the only thing I can't open without getting into the car or having Siri do it.
IMG_9617.jpeg

No, my watch face is not cracked. That's what happened when a Happy New Year message came in. Fireworks! The open frunk sub complication is in the lower left corner.

I've tried alot of Watch complications, Stats, AutoMate, EV Watch. Those are fine, but I like Watch for Tesla the best, currently. It has sub complications so you can have more than one on your watch face.

Currently, I have the Open Frunk as my sub complication, since that's the only thing I can't open without getting into the car or having Siri do it.
View attachment 623931
No, my watch face is not cracked. That's what happened when a Happy New Year message came in. Fireworks! The open frunk sub complication is in the lower left corner.
Does it work off Siri commands?
I mainly want voice unlock for frunk & trunk (since I’m carrying stuff)

Does it work off Siri commands?
I mainly want voice unlock for frunk & trunk (since I’m carrying stuff)
It does, but it can be slow. You have to set up a "shortcut" with an app. Since I already had Stats, it made it easy to set up a Hey Siri thru the app. Since Stats isn't cheap, and not everyone wants to pay that much just to open the Frunk/Trunk, I'm going to assume it can be done with other Tesla apps that are less expensive.

Since I've never made my own "shortcuts" I'm taking a quick look. Here's one I just made, When my iPhone connects to my car, via Bluetooth, it actuates the frunk. The actuation is from the EV Watch app, which cost $1. Okay, I don't really want it to open the frunk every time my phone's bluetooth connects to the car, but you get what I mean. I'd look for an inexpensive app that has the capability to be used in a Shortcut. AutoMate might also be a good possibility, since its 99c a year.

Last edited:
It does, but it can be slow. You have to set up a "shortcut" with an app. Since I already had Stats, it made it easy to set up a Hey Siri thru the app. Since Stats isn't cheap, and not everyone wants to pay that much just to open the Frunk/Trunk, I'm going to assume it can be done with other Tesla apps that are less expensive.

Since I've never made my own "shortcuts" I'm taking a quick look. Here's one I just made, When my iPhone connects to my car, via Bluetooth, it actuates the frunk. The actuation is from the EV Watch app, which cost $1. Okay, I don't really want it to open the frunk every time my phone's bluetooth connects to the car, but you get what I mean. I'd look for an inexpensive app that has the capability to be used in a Shortcut. AutoMate might also be a good possibility, since its 99c a year.
Okay, so today I tried my new BT open frunk "shortcut", and it works! When I got near the car, my watch pinged me, with the Shortcut popping up, asking me to confirm that I wanted to open the frunk. I think I'll keep it. Of course, if you want the frunk to open because your hands are full, then my BT "shortcut" probably doesn't help since you have to touch the face of the watch to confirm. I've used my nose before when my hands were full, but now with a mask on, that doesn't work!