Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM MCU1 weird issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I listen almost exclusively to MLB and NHL channels but on road trips my wife likes the Broadway channel.

Lately and I forget when this started a few months ago, Broadway channel is Bluegrass, Bluegrass channel is some other country station, and this chain affects 3 or 4 channels. Can't find which channel it thinks Broadway should be.

The Broadway logo graphic appears but the text describing the channel name says Bluegrass and the audio is definitely the Bluegrass Channel.

All channels work fine in her car and sending refresh signals hasn't worked yet. Maybe a tesla software update somehow did this? Very strange. I'm on the latest software for MCU1, 2022.8.10.16 but this happened also while under 2022.8.10.12 or whatever the previous one was. I'll get pictures when I'm in my car later.

This was a problem most of last year when SiriusXM updated their channel listing and the car couldn't cope with the new channel lineup. Anyway, most of the channels are there, but they are not the right numbers or labels anymore. Go to SXM on the web and download or view the latest channel lineup. Then you can use your radio to manually go to a channel close to the channel you want. Press the forward and reverse symbols to manually sequence up or down through the channels until you find the one you want, and then save it as a favorite. Many channels still have the channel number listed in the channel description, which should help you zero in on the channel number you want. Once set, remember which channel label is which channel you wanted, as they will be incorrect. A future update has cleared this up for the rest of us, although SXM interface is still really glitchy. SXM still does not show my favorites correctly, and I must select Recently Played to select the channel I want. Make sure you are on the latest code level for your car, as I know the older model year cars are on their own update path, and I do not know what the latest is for your car. Good luck dealing with tis horrible SXM interface Tesla has provided to us.

Thanks. This issue just popped up more recently for me.

Anyway tuning to Broadway Channel (its correct picture shows up) is really Bluegrass Junction.
Tuning to Blugrass Junction (its correct picture shows up) is really Outlaw Country.
Tuning to Outlaw Country (its correct picture shows up) it says is really Carrie's Country.

Tuning to Carrie's Country is really... well nothing yet because I scrolled through the " all channels" logos and there is no channel I could find by that name. I will go to the sirius website later and find it there on the official lineup I bet.

I will try just to cycle through one by one and see what happens.

On our other car Broadway Channel has not changed its channel number at all so this is very odd.

Attachments

• 20230922_120406.jpg
    20230922_120406.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 20230922_120454.jpg
    20230922_120454.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230922_120501.jpg
    20230922_120501.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: DerbyDave
Going to 77 (old broadway channel) and hitting |< button 8 times worked! It was hiding under escape channel.

Thank you!!!

This will happen every time SiriusXM changes their lineup.

Also only Favorites seem to display their channel number.

Attachments

• 20230923_174150.jpg
    20230923_174150.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230923_174130.jpg
    20230923_174130.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: DerbyDave