Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Six seater cybertruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Tesla had an outdoor event not that long ago seperate from the Cybertruck show with the Bed Rack
The lithium refinery event, but that one was a newer version which didn't have a bench seat. They reduced the size of the CT and the third seat has been absent in all recent versions. The back seat is also more narrow and doesn't have a full middle seat, it's more like the S middle seat now.

Reactions: Jedi2155
Anyone know any details on if the cybertruck will have a six seater option?
I hope not.
Bench seats went extinct in the 60s for the benefit of comfort, ergonomics, and safety (seatbelts, airbags) of the (2) front seat passengers.
It would be silly to bring that anachronism back.

a

Bench seats went extinct in the 60s for the benefit of comfort, ergonomics, and safety (seatbelts, airbags) of the (2) front seat passengers.
It would be silly to bring that anachronism back.
nonsense. My '97 Ford Ranger had a bench seat. That was a few years after the '60's (please check me since I seem to recall you can read a calendar well). Maybe there are other assertions you make that are equally false?
It was an extended cab (side facing jump seats) so it could have a bed long enough to carry my daily-driver motorcycle. Despite having the shifter in front, that bench seat was quite convenient for 3 people to quickly jump in for short, local distances. It was quite comfortable for 2 people. It's sad to see the image-driven urban cowboy market drive those practical little haulers away.

It would be great if the CT came out with this option so you could carry 6 in a pinch. I'd definitely choose it.

Reactions: outdoors
nonsense. My '97 Ford Ranger had a bench seat. That was a few years after the '60's (please check me since I seem to recall you can read a calendar well). Maybe there are other assertions you make that are equally false?
It was an extended cab (side facing jump seats) so it could have a bed long enough to carry my daily-driver motorcycle. Despite having the shifter in front, that bench seat was quite convenient for 3 people to quickly jump in for short, local distances. It was quite comfortable for 2 people. It's sad to see the image-driven urban cowboy market drive those practical little haulers away.

It would be great if the CT came out with this option so you could carry 6 in a pinch. I'd definitely choose it.
My dad had a 98 Nissan Frontier with a bench seat. And it was a stick shift... kind of awkward to be sitting in the middle with your legs splayed lol, but you just didn't acknowledge it.

The 6 seat option is a big deal for me (4 kids). It's still shown on the website when you look at the cyber truck. It was mentioned by Elon during the Nov 2019 unveil (I was there). Now the rumor according to people that sat inside is that it's gone. It's such BS. Model S lost its 7-seater option and sunroof and now CT loses 6th seat.

You can still buy a new Truck with a 60/40 split bench seat with a fold down center console. My 3rd gen Super Duty Lariat has a fold down center console. If you fold it up you have the third seating area with storage inside the seat when you lift up the center seat lid.

A six-seater cybertruck will not be possible because new safety regulations
mandate having a centre airbag between the front seats:

In Australia, the Mustang Mach-E GT misses out on five-star safety rating fot that reason:

Last edited:
nonsense. My '97 Ford Ranger had a bench seat.
My dad had a 98 Nissan Frontier with a bench seat.

Thanks guys, rare exceptions prove the rule.

1000:1 no bench seats or 3rd person (schmuck) seating on CT.
If it's such a big deal to a a few guys, they can rip out comfortable and safe buckets eats and install a bench instead.
Or a barber chair.
Or a hot tub.

a

3rd person (schmuck)
Huh?
Clearly, you weren't a teenager back in the days of bench seats. First, your parents taught you how to drive with both hands at 11 and 2. Then, when you got a hot girlfriend (nothing like a schmuck - maybe a sheyn meydl if we're using a yiddish vernacular), you quickly learned to drive left handed so she could sit in the middle, right next to you - on the way to go watch the submarine races. Oh yes, there wasn't a 3rd person (aka 5th wheel), that seat was best empty.
Oh the fond memories from my mis-spent youth . . .
It must be terrible dating with bucket seats. Maybe that's why kids don't want to learn to drive these days?
Sorry about going so far off topic folks but one has to have a little fun while getting a truck lesson from a New Yorker.

As of today, Tesla still shows Cybertruck having a 6 seat option on their website. This is probably due to marketing sloppiness on their part but who knows.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 10.07.29 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 10.07.29 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 818