Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ski Box for 6 Seater - Denver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nerdy_Engineer

Brett - The Nerdy Engineer
Sep 22, 2016
Colorado
Unfortunately, I have to move from the great state of Colorado which means I won't be driving to go skiing anymore. I had made a custom ski box to transport skis, snowboards, and gear to the mountains. I don't want to just throw the ski box away so I'm looking to give it to someone in Colorado that's willing to meet me in the Littleton area. I know my timing is bad as ski season is pretty much over (except for A-Basin getting dumped on today). Hopefully my ski box can find a good home!

Brett - The Nerdy Engineer

IMG_20170306_120337.jpg
IMG_20170306_120744.jpg
DSC06400.jpg

I had made a custom ski box to transport skis, snowboards, and gear to the mountains.
Look nice and great concept.

Could you give the dimensions of it for future project.
I'd like to see if I could use standard shelf laminated wood.

I'm considering making a foldable version of it using some kitchen cabinet hinges,
or a two pieces sliding inside each other for easy carrying in the trunk or storage in garage.

BTW, did you removed the third row seats?

Last edited:
Moscard
I am thinking to use Thule Ranger 500, but Inside the car.
If I well heard Nerdy_Engineer, his box has 20 inches width, so the 50 cm Thule Ranger should go insde as well.
Could someone give me the distance between the two rear seats in the six seater ?

@moscard the ski box that I made is 12"X12"x73". The distance between the middle seats is about 15" depending on where you measure it.

@NeverFollow , the ski box is 12"X12"x73".
I have the 3rd row folded down, and a cheap cooler between the 2nd row seats that support the front of the ski box.

I talk a little about how I built the box in this video.

Thank's a lot. I like the idea to use the Plastic Panel. Thank you for the tip.
I was considering using stratified wood, may be sturdy but would be very heavy.
Building an extra box for the ski shoes would be great too.

I'd would like also to build a bicycle holder, inside the car for one or two bicycles.
I don't like to carry on the roof, using suction cup for example, because you cannot enter
into a garage if you need to go shopping, or putting on the back of the car because
of the risk of vandalism if you park in the street.

BTW you seem to be a very talented skier, you must have starter earlier.
I never sky off-piste, look to be a lot of fun.
Are you also doing any snowboard or free style jump too?