Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday morning, I listened to Slacker on the way to work. Last nite, my screen said that a signal couldn't be detected so I switched to Tune In. This morning, the tab for Slacker doesn't even appear in the Browse\Internet tab. I vaguely remember Elon mentioning a long time ago that Tesla owners would have Slacker free for 4 years? I picked my car up on 6/15/13, so it hasn't been 4 years yet. Anyone else have this problem? I thought that I would check with our members before contacting the factory. Also, any suggestions as to who to contact? I haven't emailed anyone at Tesla for years and some of them may have moved on. Thanks guys!

I was totally forgetting that there was a time limit on our Slacker that is included with the S. It's almost four years! :eek:

I purchased the premium before but let it lapse. For those that haven't tried it, basically you can create playlists and go back and forth on them which was kinda nice. You still have the issue of some songs are just not possible to get due to licensing issues, but overall was pretty cool to be able to make those lists from your home computer and it shows up on your car (may require restarting the console to refresh lists).

My car did a reboot on the center console this morning while I was driving to work.(all by itself) :confused: now my slacker is acting up.:( I get to listen to the beginning of a song and then silence until I Fast forward to the next song.:mad:

Have had, but not recently. Here's what I did to fix mine. I had a USB flash drive with songs also plugged in, but was not using it. My issue was both with iPhone/BT and TuneIn/Slacker. I unplugged the flash drive and rebooted the dash. That fixed mine.

• Informative
Reactions: nanimac