Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Plus - $10 for a year or free 4mo trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't you get the higher 320kbps? Wonder if it will resort my favorited stations.

It's literally the same account. In the past you could email Tesla to get your slacker login and password and if you used this login for slacker on the web or the phone app, it would show it was a Slacker Plus account. Now, the login on Tesla vehicles is automatic. Not sure about the bitrate though. On mine, I manually set it to 320kbps on my iPhone app but not sure how that affects the car. I can manage my favorite stations and settings on my iPhone slacker app using the car's login and password.

I asked Tesla last month. I was pretty specific but generated a rather cryptic response. Gave up. If I could play FLAC files with more than 10% consistency via USB, I wouldn't even care about Slacker. They need to make this work. It's gone on far too long.

Thank you for contacting Tesla.

If the you having login trouble, please reset your touchscreen, then select "Use Tesla Login" on the sign in screen.
We no longer have access, to your log in credentials and therefore can not proved the credentials to your Slacker account.

I purchased my car in early June.

I tried to get the Tesla Slacker login credentials, was denied over email, chat and on the phone. Everyone said they no longer give credentials. I mentioned this to my salesman, he said he was not supposed to give it out but would get it for me...then called back and said they would not give it to him either, was also told they won't give it out anymore.

Is slacker the next cost cutting shenanigan? I bought my car in May and have been trying to get it to work ever since.

My Tesla service guy told me it's something on slackers end, and slacker tells me it's Tesla fault. They could sending me back and forth.

It's pretty annoying. It's built in on my media app. Either remove it or make it work.

I also use Bluetooth from my phone and I have a usb drive loaded up with music.
It's just annoying that the slacker button is there, and I can't use it nor can I hide it.

So when (if) Spotify is available, is it going to replace slacker or be in addition to?