TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker Premium Questions

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tstafford, Aug 23, 2015.

1. tstafford

tstafford Member

All,

I need some help with Slacker Premium. I purchased the service ($10/mth) and put the credentials in to the car. It clearly works because some of my favorites (albums but not playlists) synced.

Questions - why can't I skip backward? Is there any way to get my playlists to work in the car? In general what are the basics of using Slacker Premium in the car? I don't think I'm trying to do anything too out there but it seems fairly crappy - maybe it's slacking.

If there is a thread on this that I missed I'm sorry and please just point me that way.

Thank you,
    Tim

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I don't know if a thread on this subject specifically. After using it for a couple years in the car, here's what I know off the top of my head:
    1) playlists work, but they are only updated on login. It used to be I'd need to boot the center console, but now they have a login button in the settings. (logout/login)
    2) the interface is still the previous interface, so rewinding isn't a thing. I frankly hadn't thought to try that.
    3) search uses the full functionality, so you'll be able to play albums that wouldn't be available to the Tesla account.
    4) I haven't found a way to play a random favorites station. Only playlists for that kind of thing.

Overall you've got to use the other interfaces to configure items then re-login in the car to get those updates.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Some observations over here.