TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker radio plays only one song and stops . . .

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jorell, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Jorell

Jorell Member

Newbie question - have had my MS for just a few days and loving it!

One issue I have had is that when I tee up a song in slacker radio, it plays only that song and then stops. If i hit "advance" on the screen it goes to the next song, but otherwise it would just stop. Also, the "advance" button on the left side of the steering wheel does not work.

Similarly (but maybe not related), i can only play one song off the usb drive at a time, even when I play from a folder - it plays one song and just stops; i need to hit advance on the screen to get the next song and the button on the left side of the steering wheel has no effect.

Is there a setting I need to flip? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere - searched and could not find an answer.

Thanks!

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Hmmm, never experienced that one. Did you try a reboot?

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

I've had that happen and rebooting would only fix it temporarily. The service center had to do a hard reset of the MCU.

4. DRasheed

DRasheed Member

I've had my 2013 tesla for about 3 months (cpo). Slacker worked perfectly until yesterday. My touchscreen was having a severe lag, so I reset it by holding both the thumb wheels on the steering wheel. After the reset I am having the same problem as you. Slacker will play one song and then stop. I have noticed that the song timer does not move during the song.

I tried logging out and then logging back in to Slacker without improvement.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

See my post above. You didn't reset the MCU, you rebooted it. Rebooting solves many problems but not this one. You need to take the car to the service center for them to reset the MCU.

6. Jorell

Jorell Member

DRasheed, i noticed the same with the song timer . . . It also stopped working after an initial soft restart. Also an inventory car . . .

TexasEV, thanks for the answer, I will now see if I can get into the service center - unfortunately I am traveling this week . . . I have sent Tesla service an email so we'll see when I get a response.