Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow liftgate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I press the fob as I approach the car and I don't find it slow. It's always open in advance of me getting to the car to put stuff in. I also push the screen before I get out and it's open by the time I get to the back of the car. I don't find myself using the button on the trunk to open it (only close it) so the time it takes to open is never a concern for me.

Mine may be defective, as it makes quite a funny noise. I rarely touch the fob, and do use the trunk button. I think of my life, what is for dinner, my kids grades. Still going up. As soon as I am tempted to open the rear doors and drop the seats, it is finally high enough that I can put my bag there.

• Funny
Reactions: Sousagil90D
Mine may be defective, as it makes quite a funny noise. I rarely touch the fob, and do use the trunk button. I think of my life, what is for dinner, my kids grades. Still going up. As soon as I am tempted to open the rear doors and drop the seats, it is finally high enough that I can put my bag there.
Haha! I had mine replaced under warranty. When they start to fail they get really slow and make a noise that sounds like the front door to a haunted house. Bring it up to your SC on your next service. EDIT: BerTX could be correct too, if your 12V battery is starting to go it isn't getting enough juice. I noticed that my 12V was failing a lot more and needing replacements a lot more frequently when I stopped plugging my car in on the nights I knew I wouldn't need a charge in the morning. I didn't like it sitting at 90% for over 24hrs on the days I telecommuted or over weekends, so I switched to 80% charge and keep it plugged in as much as possible now. Seems to have helped protect the 12V

Haha! I had mine replaced under warranty. When they start to fail they get really slow and make a noise that sounds like the front door to a haunted house. Bring it up to your SC on your next service. EDIT: BerTX could be correct too, if your 12V battery is starting to go it isn't getting enough juice. I noticed that my 12V was failing a lot more and needing replacements a lot more frequently when I stopped plugging my car in on the nights I knew I wouldn't need a charge in the morning. I didn't like it sitting at 90% for over 24hrs on the days I telecommuted or over weekends, so I switched to 80% charge and keep it plugged in as much as possible now. Seems to have helped protect the 12V

Thanks,
Yes, it does sound like a door in a haunted house hahaha. Maybe it is a haunted car...
Couple more weeks now for the SC to take it from my hands and make it perfect. Not kidding, that was the promise.
off topic: I fail to understand why the 12v battery is so sensitive in Teslas.
I can't remember dealing with this for at least 15 years on any other car. For heaven's sake my 21 years old Honda bike seats in the driveway, fully exposed. That battery is at least five years old, and still kicks just fine.

But the bottom line is: this car should manage the health of those components by itself. No excuses.
If that battery goes out in less than 5 years, they will pay for it. I will make it a vendetta to raise a class action lawsuit. Got enough on my nerves with the "85KWh" fiasco. If VW got in trouble for lying, so should any other company. Even those we like.