Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon mode not connecting in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gck303

Apr 2, 2023
uk
I have had my car (2017 Model S 90D) for a couple of years.

The smart summon has recently stopped working. I just cannot get any response from the car and it will not connect.

Has anyone else had this?

I contacted Tesla and they wanted £200 to come out and look at it. I let the appointment time out as I did not fancy the idea of paying £200 to then me told that an even large sum wouldbe required to get it working again.

I didn’t know Smart Summon has been working for anyone these days, but is the Tesla mobile app working as expected in all other respects? Did you recently install a phone OS update? Check the OS settings for the Tesla app and make sure it has access to your location while using the app.

In France, you need to have the fob detected via Bluetooth (per regulation introduced a few years ago). This might have made it to the UK ? Rendered the features pretty useless (the Smart and the basic Summon as well).

Hmmm. Yeah, the app is working otherwise. Nothing else wrong and no other issues. AP works fine.

I will check the fob and the spare. Tesla service did suggest a battery replacement, though the car has not flagged up the battery for replacement.

I will report back...