Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smh @ service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From an optimist and yea I know tesla will eventually get it right but......

Seals, trunk sensor not working, FWD door issue, suspension problem.......

Heading into 3rd week in shop ( 4 overall since taking ownership or 1/2 of time ) due to backlog and now into 2nd week awaiting parts. Production vehicle btw.

Plus, 2nd time in a week that they range charged ( I modified remotely 2nd time ) the vehicle at the SC. They only drove it about 10 miles and it had plenty of range left on each occasion.

Isn't range charging under those conditions supposed to be a no-no?

Smh@ Tesla service not following their own guidelines.

I'd be a tiny bit furious (is that a thing?) if my SvC range charged and left my car to sit. With all the care I've given to both of my batteries, I'd take it as a slap in the face. It'd be like the SvC parking my car next to the cart return bin. Make sure you're clear about what happened, and how you personally treat the battery.

On the service thing, join the club. We've got a thread on it. And we're all a little bit on edge. Even Model S owners are on edge, because they're waiting many weeks for service appointments thanks to the X load.

I'm confident they'll get it right, but I also don't think it's a very good way to treat us. I hope I'm wrong, but I stand by my assertion that cars were delivered that they knew shouldn't be delivered. Delivery numbers and being a public company took precedent over customer service. Again, hopefully I'm wrong about that - and in the end, my car is still pretty great. It's just broken great.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
^^^^^

Agreed.....taking the shine off of this ground breaking vehicle.....there was no reason for them to full charge and thankfully I was able to go into App and change charge......

My delivery was over a month ago - the due bill items are primarily cosmetic, but it's been really eye opening to me to see how little the company owns this stuff. The only reason the service appointment was scheduled was because I got tired of waiting for them to follow up (as they said they would) so I made the call. They canceled the day before because they were unable to fulfill. It's been five days and no call back to reschedule. The individuals I've dealt with have each been nice enough but individually less empowered than folks I've dealt with at Sears (no joke). That would be ok if there was an empowered person somewhere who seemed like they had their eye on he ball, but as far as I can tell the only people who care about making sure I get stuff fixed to my satisfaction are (a) me and (b) the people who call to find out why I didn't score at least an 8 on the net promoter score survey - but who appear to have no ability to get anything fixed or even know who to talk to who could.

I get it - it's part of the early adopter tax, I saw it coming, and the company needs to focus its resources on making the gigafactory work on time. But "hey Marty McFly - your door got stuck again ha ha" and "hey, when you drop 100 large on a Tesla is that supposed to come with chrome bits that line up or is that an extra up charge hardy har har" is getting old.