Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smoking At The Superchargers? Yes Or No

Should it be okay to setup a camping chair and smoke a cigar at a crowded supercharger?

• Yes, America

• Disgusting, no!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha, I remember telling Steve Case his service sucked, I forgot the exact reason. Regarding social media, I won't hold my breath whilst you fix it. In the mean time, we can only hope for its demise while we grow ectopic bone at the back of our skulls.

Such a bogus study created to generate clicks and misunderstanding in people that don't read the study itself.

Why cant you just step out of the car and walk off about 20 feet?
I think its inconsiderate if you going to be smoking in a public location these days, especially if there are children around.

I used to be a 20yr smoker, quit smoking 4 yrs ago, and realize now how rude it is, and how bad it smells.
Although i still crave for it from time to time, but i do not want to ever go down that dark deep rabbit hole again.

Reactions: croman
Reminds me of the time I was supercharging in Delaware and this young coupe with a Model 3 parks next to me, hops out of their car and starts smoking right next to my car (and their car).

Instantl regret about not having the bioweapon mode set in. As soon as they started smoking, my A/C sucked it right in and I could smell it right away. I shut my A/C off (it was a hot day so my fans were blaring along with the charging fans) and gave them a glare and they took the hint.

If you're going to smoke, go far enough away to smoke your cancer sticks!

This guy was inconsiderate. He was likely within his rights, however. Such are the dilemmas we face every day. The odds are 100% that each and every one of us has done something like this in the past, and will do something like this in the future. It is just human nature. I am not excusing his smoking behavior at all.

But I think we can use this situation to educate our kids. We can try to manage the situation. We can try to get our point across without being threatening, rude, or angry.

I would have tried to have been friendly (I am a horrible actor!) I would have approached the cigar-spewing man and tried to make small talk about his charging experiences and his love of cigars. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Hey! I see you travel with your cigar lounge set up while Supercharging! How does that work for you? [waiting response] What kind of cigar is that? I cannot recall ever smelling such a potent cigar. [waiting response] My kids really were looking forward to playing some arcade games on the touchscreen while we Supercharge--it's sort of a family tradition!

If the guy is belligerent or non responsive, well at least you tried. But sometimes they get the hint and move further away, or apologize and say that they will let it burn out on its own.

Then you can explain to your children your brief conversation with this individual. That you tried to be tactful without being aggressive or rude.