Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smoother ride home on 3-15?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if there's a way they could keep the price the same and do auctions for getting moved up the delivery list. I honestly think Tesla could come out ahead and keep the price down so they don't get negative headlines about prices constantly going up.

I wonder if there's a way they could keep the price the same and do auctions for getting moved up the delivery list. I honestly think Tesla could come out ahead and keep the price down so they don't get negative headlines about prices constantly going up.
This is more or less what Tesla already does.

Want a car in 6 months? Order a Model Y LR.

Want it in 2 months? Model Y Performance or Model Y LR w/ FSD and pay extra for the date bump.

Prob won’t fly with consumer protection act lol.
Increases are ok as long as it applies to all consumers at the same time. Auctions for new car sales I could see being a regulation nightmare lol.