Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1686367787332.png

This site has cool feature on the upper right side - check it out when time permits!

More data, more workshops, etc.

They never talk about actual Waymo problems. It's Cruise problems plus problems that Waymo could in theory cause. They want Waymo to stay tiny and non-threatening for years and provide mountains of data so SF transit can study these potential problems, hold workshops to discuss them, create rule-making committees to meet and debate them and so on.

This is what politicians and bureaucrats do. Sometimes it's helpful, but most of the time it's simply stifling.
If this was Tesla, guess what @EVNow would be say?

"Big Oil is trying to slow down Tesla."
"Waymo & Cruise can't compete so they paid the govenment to slow down Tesla"

blah blah blah

BTW I tried to watch the 3 videos.
Vid 1- Car autoparks. Safely- albeit slowly.
Vid 2-Not a video. It downloads a JPG named "FullSizeRender.JPG" . No idea what it's supposed to be showing.
Vid 3-Same result- same name even.

Hopefully your FSD testing isn't this user-error prone :)

Indeed- I'm glad you moved on from your strawman argument of safer than a human by itself.

You realize those things don't actually happen, right?

The pilot OR the co-pilot is flying the plane. Never BOTH.

A better analogy would be literal aircraft autopilot.... where ONE person is flying, but the automated systems are doing a lot of the drudge work and the human is supervising the system.

And, indeed, it's safer than just a human. Just as AP and FSDb both make driving safer than just a human.

Not even sure what you're arguing at this point once you were forced to abandon arguing a point nobody had actually made.

Nothing Tesla has ever released to a customer is supposed to do that. All releases are L2 ADAS- explicitly.

Further, since March 2019, they don't even promise a FUTURE product will.
Hey man, I didn’t design iCloud, if opening a video on there is outside of your scope of practice, you can file a complaint with Apple. Other people on here watched the videos without an issue. I just opened those links in Safari and Chrome (just to make sure) and they all work fine.

Also, go ahead and tell me more about how flying a plane works and what the captain and the first officer do 😅😅 I’m sure you can teach me a thing or two since you’re an experienced pilot.

I was never arguing that the junk is not “safer.” It just simply doesn’t do what it was advertised to do, and until it does that, it will NOT receive a participation trophy from me, but instead be labeled as Junk. HOPEFULLY one day Tesla figures it out, and delivers the promised product. I really hope it’s before I trade in this car, as my next car will NOT have a $15k waste of money Junk package.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Except for many of us it doesn’t move the stress off the driver. It increases the stress. As I’ve stated many times, I’m more than happy to FSDj this car around with a guest. If you’re in the Seattle area and have decent life insurance, stop on by!
And that's your problem, at the end of day. If you cant cope with the FSD beta then dont use it. Simple, really.

Looks to me #JunkTeam is looking for baked, stable product in a bleeding edge technology. I wish you all a good luck. Go buy some 1950s Lincoln/Buick.

One of them doesn't even want to tell what road is the problem for others to checkout for a month, one other doesn't want to upload the videos to youtube so anyone can easily watch ... and yet they think they are superior to all others when it comes to their judgement of FSDb ;)

You write as if this happens all the time. This has never happened to me in 18+ months.

The basic problem with #JunkTeam is that they highlight rare failures as if that happens 100% of the time. That is just FUD.

If you don't like it - don't use it. Infact I think less than 10% of FSD owners/subscribers use FSD regularly. But most of them are self-aware enough not to spend a lot of time here posting junk.
How many times do you want me to go out there and record it? JUST FOR YOU, I’ll go out and record it do this nonsense whatever amount of times you want. I’m getting sick and tired of you thinking that just because YOU don't experience something, that others MUST have the same experience. Let me remind you that it is NOT all about you. I don’t claim that everyone else has the same experience as me, I simply share my experiences, with videos to back them up.

EDIT: also keep in mind that if I have a video of the Junk doing something stupid, that almost 100% means I can recreate it. I don’t drive around all day long with my phone recording. When it does something’s stupid, I go back, start recording, and see if I can catch it do the same dumb thing again.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
I’ll use it, and if I don’t like it, I’ll complain about it. If you don’t like my complaining, block me LOL

I’m not going to come here and only share positive experiences. Those are the lies that got me to buy this garbage in the first place.

I'll keep calling you out on all the FUD. If you don't like it, block me LOL.

ps : You are an extremely poor reader if you think people only report positive experiences here. Very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.