Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t take it personal, the individual you’re responding to is downright hostile and rude to ANYONE that doesn’t subscribe to or live up to their personal bar of climate fanaticism.
Oh, I know. Tesla has done a lot to make me never buy another Tesla and he (to be fair, maybe she) is doing everything to make me want to sell both my electric cars and go out and find the least efficient gas powered cars I can and drive them.

Reactions: InternetDude
Sorry only reading half my post made you mad
Sorry, better put "So you're asserting that something that YOU determine, without knowledge of specifics at the time inside Tesla, that a particular choice is sub-optial that the manufacturing/engineering teams at Tesla couldn't possible have chosen to do it that way? So sure of this to the point that it contradicts insider statements to the contrary?"

Because that is royally "dumb".
1) Because people make sub-optimal choices all the time.
2) You are in a very poor position to ascertain whether keeping a list, putting a sticky note, or whatever to track those DU doesn't actually make a decent amount of sense in that moment. Remember they had to switch into manual mode for the P assembling, that was the time of the Tent, and jettisoning the highly automated part distribution system due to issue with it.

The 980 broke you brain, a cancer continuing to eat at it severing you from reality in a most disturbing and annoying way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bedoig
Don’t take it personal, the individual you’re responding to is downright hostile and rude to ANYONE that doesn’t subscribe to or live up to their personal bar of climate fanaticism.

Wow, I didn't know people had to "subscribe" to science. I guess I went to a different grade school than too many of our intentionally ignorant posters.

At least now we now understand where the problem lies. The problem, to paraphrase Winston Churchill:

"Never in human history have so many been so easily fooled by so few with so very little."

Here's an important tip: turn off your Faux News and get up to speed on the greatest threat to our planet's future, and, in the case of far, far too many here, why too few have the increasing outrage required to fix it.

Start here:

Climate of Doubt

Four years ago, climate change was a hot issue and politicians from both sides seemed poised to act. Today public opinion on the climate issue has cooled considerably. Politicians either ignore it or proclaim their skepticism. What’s behind this massive reversal? FRONTLINE goes inside the organizations that fought the scientific establishment to shift the direction of the climate debate.

And, more recently (at least watch the trailer):

http://merchantsofdoubtmovie.com/

Now that we understand our posters' thinking, Carl Sagan provides the most applicable quote with which to close:

“We've arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.”

p.s. Science doesn't care what you believe.

Why is it so difficult to understand that I simply want the truth? I was on this forum before anyone owned a Tesla, discussing the technology and the company. I want both to succeed and I want people to be satisfied with their vehicles. Don't buy into the nonsense that some people are trying to promote.
You deny the truth and don't allow it to be spoken in your presence. You're contradictory and that is hard for people to understand.

Yet another contradiction - you're still all about making every one of your posts about personal arguing with people. Everything you say revolves around you and someone else. You only use your denial of truths as a way to quarrel with individuals. You still have never answered any of the questions directed at you either, you avoid attempts to civilize your behavior and always return to the same attention seeking misbehavior you are still doing.

I've never said that the way Tesla is treating customers on this issue is right.
More contradiction. You said you don't care what happens to us. This is a mortally dangerous problem and you don't care. Yet here you are. You care about something enough to spend all your time here doing that. If you don't care about Tesla owners and don't care about this problem, and actively refute every truth you can learn here, your motivations for being here are suspicious. The loudest voice in this discussion is the scientific method of reason, you can disagree with it but do it elsewhere. You have no purpose here except to create argument and you don't even want to listen when we ask you - plead with you - to participate in a civilized way.

Be civilized. Offer your hypothesis, please. Are you actually open to the scientific method? Or are you only going to deny it?

Get a Tesla, too. They are really nice cars and maybe some "skin in the game" will teach you about the human quality of empathy. Us Tesla owners are more than just the targets of your amusement you treat us as.

Last edited:
People seem intent on projecting positions on me which I don't have

Correction: People I seem intent on projecting positions on me which I don't have.

Please refer to this post as an example, where you edit quoted my post in bold letters to emphasis what you admitted you "tend to do".

I also asked you a question in this post which you never answered.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and Chaserr
  • Disagree
Reactions: KrenGrl
Tesla is still not a profitable company. Closing up shop will not improve the environment.

If you were actually worried about the environment, you would bicycle to work and not be on a Tesla site.

Yes, so true.

Let's see how much traction we get suggesting everyone move to an off-grid yurt with no running water . . . .

In the real world we see the miracle of Tesla: no real sacrifices (to drive the best cars in the world), and a usable planet for others to enjoy.

THAT is why it is so important to get everyone into EV's ASAP, hopefully Teslas--we are so very, very far behind:

‘Like Trash in a Landfill’: Carbon Dioxide Keeps Piling Up in the Atmosphere

Yeah, hard to tell the difference between a Toyota pickup truck and a Tesla...

As to your second paragraph, I guess you've never take a walk in a residential neighborhood or browsed a new car dealer lot. If so, you'd see tons of panel gaps... including Toyota. Ever perused any other manufacturer's forums or FB groups? Read those complaints. Sad.

The difference between the Toyota truck and the Tesla is that the Toyota truck DOES NOT HAVE PANEL GAP ISSUES and starts at less than half the price. That’s sad. Worse are idiots who defend poor build.

I’m not going to waste my time parsing words with a fanboy who’s reading comprehension is so pathetic he equates a residential neighborhood with a new car lot.

Just like before you take my statement of “get their act together when honoring reservations” = “not honoring reservations”. Go read some books because I can’t argue with your level of stupidity.

The difference between the Toyota truck and the Tesla is that the Toyota truck DOES NOT HAVE PANEL GAP ISSUES and starts at less than half the price. That’s sad. Worse are idiots who defend poor build.

I’m not going to waste my time parsing words with a fanboy who’s reading comprehension is so pathetic he equates a residential neighborhood with a new car lot.

Just like before you take my statement of “get their act together when honoring reservations” = “not honoring reservations”. Go read some books because I can’t argue with your level of stupidity.

Another Tesla hater heard from. Or should I say, heard from AGAIN. Looking at your postings here, you are either pathologically bitter about Tesla, or life in general. It's ok, there are lots just like you, which is why most forums have an "ignore" feature.

Anyway, good luck with your entry level pickup truck. I'd bet you $1000 there were and are gap issues that are easily found, but I doubt you could pay up.

Another Tesla hater heard from. Or should I say, heard from AGAIN. Looking at your postings here, you are either pathologically bitter about Tesla, or life in general. It's ok, there are lots just like you, which is why most forums have an "ignore" feature.

Anyway, good luck with your entry level pickup truck. I'd bet you $1000 there were and are gap issues that are easily found, but I doubt you could pay up.
theganjaguru sounds like a treat to be around don’t they?

LOL, yeah. But... I thought potheads were supposed to be mellow. Apparently not.

Anyway, back to the otherwise informative thread topic.

So I’m a “pot head” for calling at the fact that a $26k Toyota has better panel gap tolerances than a $50k plus Tesla?

Yes fallback to calling me a pot head. Imagine what kind of monster I must be with out the devils lettuce.

No one can reply with any factual numbers or data regarding Tesla’s build quality because Tesla’s build quality is one of the lowest rungs on the latter. So attack me for being a “pot head” cool story millennial. Should we talk about your feelings some more?

I don’t mix well with people who have low standards or who would defend a piss-poor job. That’s just lazy thinkers defending lazy people.

Everyday you can do better than the previous day. No one is perfect. I’m no exception, neither is Tesla

Fanboys defending Tesla’s issue with build is like defending a high-end restaurant where the service is poop until they bring your food, and when it’s finally brought to you after a very long wait, (cross your fingers) it’s just strewn randomly on your plate. To add insult to the process, you asked for a medium steak and it’s blood red. Their response, “it’s within specs”. That just lame service. Please enlighten me why it’s okay

I am a joy to be with. Stupid lazy people hate me. I could care less about cupcakes too are so sensitive that I dare criticize the lord and savior Tesla, because they are so amazing and they do not need to adapt improve.. B***h please.

Seems to be a lot of threads about panel gaps outside of this one but a lot of you are defending it because you don’t see a need to improve or be extra. Not a way to make a good company or reputation. Sorry (NOT) my insight is too hardcore for people with low standards.

Now let’s move on where we can have more posts about panel gaps because Tesla’s build quality is “awesome”.

Sorry to take away from the topic of pane gaps. Please post more so I can be be taught my lesson.

Last edited:
This is how stupid some people are...

And thy appears (in the picture) to be a divided hwy, which had never been held to any speed limit max (other than 90mph) on TACC or AutoPilot.

I can find the anomaly and do that too but not on the other 99.999% of off hwy driving

Good try tho ;)

They post this picture to prove their point..

D0B217C7-A650-4A97-B35E-3E36404CAC27.png

But it’s a divided highway showing a speed limit, lol!

51E10F84-D181-467D-8B45-F4402E89F35F.png
71640CEB-31EA-4A40-9E36-CDD6BB7D9822.jpeg

Tell us all how that isn’t a divided highway you’re driving on, hahahaha!

10C2F1EE-57F0-4DE8-8D5F-A93C087BDC14.jpeg

Not sure why you continued going with this. It’s okay to be wrong, it happens. Own it and continue on with life. Because right now you’re just the comic relief in a relatively mundane week.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
This is how stupid some people are...

They post this picture to prove their point..

View attachment 552145

But it’s a divided highway showing a speed limit, lol!

View attachment 552147
View attachment 552146

Tell us all how that isn’t a divided highway you’re driving on, hahahaha!

View attachment 552158

Not sure why you continued going with this. It’s okay to be wrong, it happens. Own it and continue on with life. Because right now you’re just the comic relief in a relatively mundane week.

You are absolutely wrong but that’s okay. Just argue with that stop sign :)

For the rest of us that actually know how it works and feel the exact speed limitation is a safety issue in traffic ..well we will just wait for the +5mph fix to come along before enabling the beta feature.

And just to answer your fake news...here is the actual road I was on and for the rest of the community to see the REAL facts the section you zoomed in on was no more than one block of that stretch of road. Just keep it up...you are just making yourself look even more foolish at this point.

1F50901F-1EDC-4E45-98C3-8F7ABFF02F34_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: KrenGrl
Status
Not open for further replies.