Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CLEARLY you're right and I'm wrong. Glad we sorted this out. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I'm sure you're absolutely perfect in respecting all the rules no matter what.

I honestly can't believe how closed minded some of you ppl are. It's not even funny anymore, you are just sad. I'm happy I don't know you personally and I hope we never cross paths.

I guess you lied about having me on your ignore list, huh?

You're just a rude troll who's making this community less inviting for all members. You blatantly violate forum rules and moderator requests for personal benefit regardless of how you try to frame it. Your posts are aggressive towards new members and long-time members alike. You clearly have zero respect for forum rules or the other members of it's community so.... why are you here? Just to be a troll? Most of us are respectful and considerate of others as that's what a community is about. Not some anonymous keyboard commando personally attacking other members and lashing out when they're called out on their rule violations and poor treatment of other members.

Ironic that you claim to be looking out for other members with your aggressive attacks of forum members. It's pretty clear that the only member you're looking out for here is yourself trying to low-ball sellers so you can finally own the Tesla that you still don't even own and dream of so long as you can steal it from some desperate seller who's willing to take half of market value.

As for the unnecessary personal attack and meeting me in person... I'm just sad this isn't the case because there's no way on earth you would be brave enough to talk to me in person as you've talked to me behind the anonymity of a keyboard. It's sad that some people feel compelled to use this anonymity to be rude to others.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ziggy2 and cucubits
I never attacked you first. If you can't accept that YOU are the bully here, well, nothing I can do.

Yes, what's highlighted in red above was necessary and I stand by what I said. I won't leave tail between my legs just because someone appointed himself the weekend forum mall cop and preaches about rules and keeps attacking me.

Yes, I had you on my ignore list and it was great but I chose to see what other nonsense you spew mostly to set things straight in case it's needed.

Keep on derailing the thread with ad hominem attacks!;)
You folks are lucky your troll posts and personal attacks remain while my mildly taunting posts get removed for "trolling". :rolleyes: Keep them coming while hiding behind the back of the mods of this forum. Loving the desperation. :)

While govt scams in Europe and California and China keep twisting people's arms to buy the inconvenient BEVs, consumers are voting with their wallets for hybrids AND (truly) saving the planet. The ultimate smack down is coming from consumers, like it or not.

china_hybrids.jpg

Japanese Hybrids Are Beating the Slump in China’s Car Market

Iconic car companies like Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. are increasing sales in a market that has fallen almost every month since June 2018. They’re doing it by targeting what’s proven to be a sweet spot in the faltering market -- demand for hybrid gasoline-electric cars. Japanese automakers are leaders in the technology, which appeals to Chinese consumers keen to heed the government push toward new-energy vehicles, but aren’t ready to shift to pure-electric autos just yet.

Among the reasons shoppers are going for hybrids is range anxiety -- the fear that an electric car’s battery runs out and leaves the driver stranded. China’s charging infrastructure is in early stages,
You don't say! Are they serious? After pouring (aka wasting) billions in subsidies? There are one million chargers already for just 2 mil electric cars in China.:( Do they need TWO chargers per car?
And how about this one, the stuff regularly posted by the die hard BEV fans? Remeber, EVs DON'T NEED charging stations. PEIROD. People charge them at home with vodoo magic.

outlet.jpg

Keep on derailing the thread with ad hominem attacks!;)
You folks are lucky your troll posts and personal attacks remain while my mildly taunting posts get removed for "trolling". :rolleyes: Keep them coming while hiding behind the back of the mods of this forum. Loving the desperation. :)

While govt scams in Europe and California and China keep twisting people's arms to buy the inconvenient BEVs, consumers are voting with their wallets for hybrids AND (truly) saving the planet. The ultimate smack down is coming from consumers, like it or not.

View attachment 482952
Japanese Hybrids Are Beating the Slump in China’s Car Market

You don't say! Are they serious? After pouring (aka wasting) billions in subsidies? There are one million chargers already for just 2 mil electric cars in China.:( Do they need TWO chargers per car?
And how about this one, the stuff regularly posted by the die hard BEV fans? Remeber, EVs DON'T NEED charging stations. PEIROD. People charge them at home with vodoo magic.

View attachment 482960

Go home CG... you're drunk.

This cropped up on my Facebook feed... not sure if it was intentional but it looks like they're fishing for prospective model 3 owners...

What really irritates me is how they take advantage of general ignorance around water heaters. 99% efficient sounds good to the lay person but that's a COP of <1 which is TERRIBLE from the perspective of a modern water heater. Heat Pump Water Heaters START at ~2 and go up from there.

Besides low efficiency... tankless heaters are BRUTLE on the grid. No one is going to schedule their shower around off-peak hours. You can use a heat pump water heater to store energy and schedule it to heat water during off-peak hours. Some tankless heaters can pull up to 18kW when heating water. It doesn't take many simultaneous showers to really start adding up.
what is brutle? Ohhhh you cant spell and meant to say brutal

BTW this is exactly what Tesla is doing.

When you are the 800 lbs manufacturer in a market.

Tesla is dictating when they have the overwhelming capacity to make compelling BEVs and they are production constrained.

No OEM can tell you what to do with your car.

Telling customers to bugger off and customize their car if they don't like the options offered like color and seating surfaces is dictating.

That's beyond absurd. Offering only 16 Crayola crayon colors versus infinite is dictating.........there has never been a vehicle manufactured without a very narrow range of options/choices.........

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
That's beyond absurd. Offering only 16 Crayola crayon colors versus infinite is dictating.........there has never been a vehicle manufactured without a very narrow range of options/choices.........

This is beyond absurd.

Not offering.

Being told to go customize isn't an offering.

I can go to a custom coach builder and build any BEV I want.

Any car in the world can be wrapped.

Audi, Porsche a few others will allow any custom color from the manufacture.

Last edited:
This is absurd.

Not offering.

Being told to go customize isn't an offering.

I can go to a custom coach builder and build any BEV I want.

Any car in the world be wrapped.

Audi, Porsche a few others will allow any custom color from the manufacture.

Not offering unlimited options and dictating are very different things.......No vehicle manufacturers offer unlimited options. The example of custom colors from a few manufacturers does nothing to validate that argument.

Not offering unlimited options and dictating are very different things.......No vehicle manufacturers offer unlimited options. The example of custom color from a few manufacturers does nothing to validate that argument.

It does everything to invalidate your argument.

Almost every manufacturer offers a wide array of options.

Most offer 6-20 color options. Tesla offers 5 on most cars, like very low end entry level cars.
A few high end brands similar to Tesla offer custom color options. Like Tesla used to back in the day.

On Cybertruck Tesla will offer bare steel and maybe matte black.

Another example, most offer textile, polyurethane, and leather seating surfaces with high end brands offering multiple color options in polyurethane and leather.

Tesla offers 1 with two color options.

Basic things like grab handles and sunglass holders are not offered at any price.

That in no way validates your argument. So you claim 1-2 colors is dictating, 6 is not. Are you sure the number is not 8? Or 4? When do we cross the line to your dictating status? Only an infinite choice could in truth meet your requirements. And how many cars can you buy and chose among 20 colors? Having limited options from a manufacturer and dictating are very different things.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
By your logic Soviet Citizens had a cornucopia of options at election time and when going to the supermarket.

That's even more absurd. Having limited options under a totalitarian regime is a very different thing from a capitalist manufacturer of something you do not have to buy offering limited options. Something which every single manufacturer does and has always done. No exceptions. Ever......

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Let me try again. Tesla ultimately controls what they manufacture and the price of sale, yes, as do all other free capitalist manufacturers. You, for your part, are free to buy or not to buy their vehicle versus that of another manufacturer. If Tesla, and other companies, listen to the market and have the capability they may well expand what they offer to consumers. If the economics favor those changes. But they are not dictating anything by having limited options, they are offering for sale what they manufacture. The options are never going to be unlimited. No company could survive with such a mandate.

I never attacked you first. If you can't accept that YOU are the bully here, well, nothing I can do.

Yes, what's highlighted in red above was necessary and I stand by what I said. I won't leave tail between my legs just because someone appointed himself the weekend forum mall cop and preaches about rules and keeps attacking me.

Yes, I had you on my ignore list and it was great but I chose to see what other nonsense you spew mostly to set things straight in case it's needed.

Now you're going back to hyperbole by calling me a bully in a sad attempt to misdirect because you can't admit when you're wrong? Pathetic.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
By the way, there are a few active sale threads where I haven't posted anything, there are others commenting on pricing and for some reason you're not there preaching rules and attacking anyone. I knew you had a thing for me specifically. Talk about being a hypocrite...

George75 , you know you are on a thread about Canadian rates right? Really not relevant quoting US rates.
No I didn't read the title and jumped in totally blind, what do you think?

I'm willing to bet most of those on these forums will see that I'm in Florida and logically come to the conclusion that I'm posting US rates. Therefore those in the frozen north will realize the information isn't relevant to them. However for the casual browser of these forums that happens to be in the US they just might see my post and those like it and think.. those rates are decent I need to talk to that bank/credit union. More information and options are better than less.

Status
Not open for further replies.