Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't read all 12 pages, but I want to point out the flaw in the logic here:

Charging up to 90% at a Supercharger is an error, here.

It takes a LOT less power to take the battery from 30% to 50% than it takes to get it from 60% to 90%. (Also more time.)

I realize it's appealingly simple to say, "I left at 90% and filled it to 90%, that's a fair comparison," but that's gas-tank thinking.

I charged to 90% because I still had slightly more than 200 miles to go in my trip and there are NO superchargers between Helena and Kalispell, MT. I arrived with about 30 miles of range left and the warning “I need to charge soon....”

So ya, I suppose I could have charged to 85% and arrived with less than 10 miles of range left.

Clearly just another case of somebody typing on their apparatus made out of “Fools Fuel”. (Which frankly is about the dumbest statement I’ve heard constantly spilling out of the mouth of the gentleman who uses products made with “Fools Fuel” EVERYDAY. (Kinda makes him look like the Fool)

Then again those of us arguing with said gentleman are probably the Fools.

A wise man once said, “never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Cheers!

Picked up the LR Y today.
The delivery was uneventful and smooth.
I had to ask them for my self-referral credit which they took care of straight away.
Largely a no-touch delivery. Had plenty of time to examine the vehicle.
Found only one small superficial scratch on the front bumper which I documented, but think it will rub out.

Major issue for me. Got the worthless Continental Tires. Now listen up!

I made the delivery rep check he tread all the way around and surprise!! They are all 7/32.

Now wouldn't you think when you order a NEW car, you would get new tires???

I had this same experience with my Model X, but it had 1250 miles on it before I got to measure it.

This really reeks of a CLASS ACTION SUIT to me. Anyone on board, let me know and I will get the atty.

View attachment 607205

View attachment 607207 View attachment 607210 View attachment 607211 View attachment 607208 View attachment 607209

How much did the accessory set you back?

I am sure Tesla can easily do it. After the retrofit issues in Europe, I bet new units were designed to easily take an adapter even in North America. They see the writing on the wall.

As to why, it is simply that they want to force folks to their Superchargers. The more use they get from paying customers, the more they can build things out. Tesla is all about proprietary solutions and having a captive audience is a dream. They will only provide an adapter when forced to like they were in Europe.
LOL at the people that disagree with obvious facts. Some Tesla fans are just delusional.

Reactions: Reeler
LoL:confused:

18's I bought are flow forged, significantly lighter than the stock setup and run the same offset and hub size as OEM performance wheels. Full set w/snow tires mounted/balanced and sensors for 2K shipped to my door... go ahead and put your logo on it, zero F'ks given!

Would you say the same about embossed logo if it were a set of Vossen's?

I don't want logos all over my rims of any brand.

And tsportline brand is like having KIRKLAND brand on your car. Good job looking like a foobert.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I don't want logos all over my rims of any brand.

And tsportline brand is like having KIRKLAND brand on your car. Good job looking like a foobert.
To each their own! Personally I love Kirkland brand products so I guess that explains why I don’t care.

I suppose you debagged all monikers from your cars, pulled the tags out of all your cloths, scratched off all brand markings from electronics and defaced all your credit/debit cards of their logo’s too?

Why be a d!ck because someone doesn’t think like you? Sorry you’re so miserable and thanks for the free rent in your bad place! o_O

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
To each their own! Personally I love Kirkland brand products so I guess that explains why I don’t care.

I suppose you debagged all monikers from your cars, pulled the tags out of all your cloths, scratched off all brand markings from electronics and defaced all your credit/debit cards of their logo’s too?

Why be a d!ck because someone doesn’t think like you? Sorry you’re so miserable and thanks for the free rent in your bad place! o_O
BE QUIET

Reactions: HooosierDaddy
Oh savvy one, would you please show me how to turn up the volume on my TV
Yeah, it is exactly the same.../s
Do you have an OBD and an adapter cable to read your values? Do you have a raspberry PI to log your data?How many US YouTubers you know that read the values like for example Nyland? If you just skim through both the US and the German forums you will see that here almost nobody has one (even though it will cost around 50$ for a bundle - most people spend more on a cup holder in their 3s) and over there almost everyone has one. So it is what it is.
Even Alan, who is doing all sorts of gymnastics to figure out capacity and temperature, doesn't have one and is always guestimating:)
Also, Esel with a capital E, esel is not a word:)

Last edited:
Mod: Enough car seat stuff. And other OT stuff too. --ggr
It's the weekend Mod, with some happy posters, lighten up. And btw, I hate having my posts deleted without any notice being given for the rationale.

As much as I love the people on this thread, I may just become a lurker because of such excessive moderation. Go ahead, delete this post too.

It's the weekend Mod, with some happy posters, lighten up. And btw, I hate having my posts deleted without any notice being given for the rationale.

As much as I love the people on this thread, I may just become a lurker because of such excessive moderation. Go ahead, delete this post too.
Or may it is time to put your big boy pants on.

Not that I'm a high information poster, or anything, but there are a number of people here who post uninformative total nonsense that goes unchecked. Regularly. And the mods have given them a daily pass. And I love most of it.

Would miss you if you stopped posting, m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.