Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore the fanboi @Hoowzer

There are no CPO MY’s. More lies from the cult of Elon.

Your reading comprehension really sucks.

When did I mention MY CPO? I was referring to your crappy MS that you bought used.

You admit you bought a used Model S and went to the SC for repairs and had a bad experience, so decided the next best thing is to come to the forums and sow doubt and defend your position because you "own a tesla, and are a shareholder?" By your very definition you're a fanboy - just one with less green in the bank account to buy new.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: glide
I wasn't going to respond to this post but since you've decided to run behind me "disliking" my posts (which quite frankly tells me all I need to know about you), I figured I'd explain my stance. It's nothing to do with you personally, but your statement that:
Seems quite inaccurate. From what I've seen, these car's are not one off, hand made to order vehicles. They are put together on an assembly line, shipped out in mass and if a spec matches your order, you are matched with a vin. If you pass on the car, it goes to someone else who chose the same or similar spec.

Also this situation is very different than ordering an "off-the-shelf Tesla. Unless the OP had it personalized somehow, which I doubt, since Tesla does not seem to do that.

Lastly, I have to disagree with this statement, having more information is almost never a bad thing. It's not having the information that is the problem, but how you make use of it.

Feel free to disagree with all my posts if you like, I hope that makes you feel better!

Yawn, didn't even read the trash you wrote

Made-to-order does not mean that they are custom or one-off. It means that they are matched to a specific order before they are built. Which they are. There's no inventory other than rejected vehicles.

It's like the difference between made-to-measure, bespoke, and off-the-rack, if you're a suit buyer. A Tesla it made-to-measure, a Ferrari is bespoke and a Honda is off-the-rack (although you can order it made-to-order if you're willing to wait).
Agree - clowns who don't understand this need to go back to ICE cars. All they do is complain like kids

From the reading I've done it's the second one.

You seem fortunate that they work at all, in many areas it seems out of service ones are more common than working ones.

That would be an irrationally expensive requirement for an unsupported vehicle.

If you take long trips often, yes it would- and would be a compelling reason to not buy a salvage title Tesla.

it's not like Tesla doesn't post the fact it won't allow supercharging for salvage vehicles on their own website.

For local use such a car would be fine though... for most folks it's very rare they drive more than 200ish miles in a single day after all, and if you do take a couple road trips a year you could always use a fraction of the $ saved buying a wrecked car instead of a clean title one and rent something.... or build longer Chademo charge stops into the trip plan I suppose.

(Hotels are also increasingly offering L2 charging to guests as another way to stretch trip range a bit)

All this guy does is shill for tsla. He is not a salvage car owner yet he's compelled to tell you you are in the wrong and tesla is in the right. None of this discussion affects him unless he's shilling. Ignore him. His solution for not having fast charging is a hotel. That is a laughable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Your reading comprehension really sucks.

When did I mention MY CPO? I was referring to your crappy MS that you bought used.

You admit you bought a used Model S and went to the SC for repairs and had a bad experience, so decided the next best thing is to come to the forums and sow doubt and defend your position because you "own a tesla, and are a shareholder?" By your very definition you're a fanboy - just one with less green in the bank account to buy new.
Whatever you say my guy. If you think my net worth is based on whether or not I buy new vs. used, I would say you have a lot of growing up to do.

• Disagree
Reactions: spokey and Hoowzer
Whatever you say my guy. If you think my net worth is based on whether or not I buy new vs. used, I would say you have a lot of growing up to do.

lol says the clown who can't buy a 100K MS new, then likes to talk about net worth.

Your net worth is as crappy as your reading comprehension. I noticed how you had nothing to say against that.

But we know that many drivers will use touch screens in a dangerous manner. It is best to design cars with controls which distract the driver as little as possible. Touch screens do not qualify.

Why do you feel the need to control people? Maybe you should stay home and stay in your safe space. Or put on your big boy pants and stop worrying. Touch screens have been around for decades and won’t be going anywhere. Now move along please.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Why do you feel the need to control people? Maybe you should stay home and stay in your safe space. Or put on your big boy pants and stop worrying. Touch screens have been around for decades and won’t be going anywhere. Now move along please.
Well that was a pretty crappy and infantile response.

ANY usage of a control in your vehicle, touchscreen or mechanical, is a distraction from your driving, and thus, a potential safety issue. To try to claim otherwise is foolish and naïve. Most people learn how to safely control functions within their car, but many do not. Touchscreens are inherently less safe than physical knobs and buttons and you MUST take your eyes off the road to use them. It is much easier to develop the muscle memory with separate physical controls where you learn to make the adjustments without taking your eyes off the road.

Germany is very safety conscious about driving (when you're doing 300 KPH on the Autobahn, paying attention is paramount) and they passed this law because too many people were causing accidents by trying to control something via touchscreen.

With your cavalier attitude, I would much rather YOU stay at home.

Reactions: Phlier and Ronbo
Status
Not open for further replies.