Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nu, looks like you do not understand and are a bit too blind fanboi - but hey, it's ok.
you should not be ashamed that you haven't seen anything else than tesla. it's ok.
Fanboy? Always love it when people resort to name calling. Your lame comment demonstrates a complete inability to see innovation or its value. Go buy some VW or Ford and enjoy.

Nice personal attack (that quite a few people liked which is sad).

Actually quite the opposite. Warning labels are for those who would attempt something like this and mess something up that makes the car inoperable then expect Tesla to fix it. Look into it, if there’s an available way to do it, do it. If not, move on.
no not personal attack, its common sense.

Reactions: goRt
Yea but we aren’t, are we?

We’re living in a small country that for virtue signalling reasons has said it won’t let anyone buy convenient and clean ICE transport from 2030 and instead drive us to queues which are beginning to form already.

It’s trite to say “none of your children are bing slaughtered”. Happily that’s true. But we are able to offer comment on the ludicrous situation that’s being foisted on us.

I’m an early adopter and I’ve enjoyed aspects of it. But the public is t being fooled. EV ain’t the future until the infrastructures is sorted. Which is why prices are in free fall.

Are we all affluent? To a degree, plainly. Are we lucky not to be living in war zones or areas of poverty? Obviously. But it doesn’t mean our complaints about a more than imperfect car aren’t completely valid. Any more than saying the NHS, for example, is fine in principle but a bit rubbish in reality.

Owning a Tesla doesn’t disqualify you from pointing out how crap bits of it are. Quite the opposite it qualifies you.

I still think you folks have a super 1st-world-people threshold for "Nightmare!!!!!"

I went out for Sushi last night. It was busy. I had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. It was not "A Nightmare". I did not go to the sushi-support-message-boards to report the wait time.

I have 2022.40.25.5. Does it still make left/right turns like someone with Parkinsons?
For those who know someone with Parkinson's or are in the early stage themselves you might want to pick a different comparision next time. And yes I'm probably being overly sensitive.

Last edited:
For those who know someone with Parkinson's or are in the early stage themselves you might want to pick a different comparision next time. And yes I'm probably being overly sensitive.
I am not making light of Parkinsons but I couldn't think of a more apt description of the FSD flaws. Before Parkinsons I believe poeple used to use the word spastics. Should I have done that. In fact if FSD ever gets finished it would be a godsend to those with Parkinsons. Take the comment at face value and I hope you don't come down with it. Long life to you.

I am not making light of Parkinsons but I couldn't think of a more apt description of the FSD flaws. Before Parkinsons I believe poeple used to use the word spastics. Should I have done that. In fact if FSD ever gets finished it would be a godsend to those with Parkinsons. Take the comment at face value and I hope you don't come down with it. Long life to you.
I’m sorry but you are a disrespectful fool without an education or morals. “I hope you don’t come down with it??” Parkinson’s isn’t the flu you goof. You don’t Catch it. Some people are Unreal!

I guarantee the battery isn’t new/replaced it’s just that 85 batteries hardly degrade. I have a friend that has over 120K miles and it’s still getting almost the same range at 100% charge when he bought it new in 2014.

There's no possible way an 8 year old P85D is getting "almost the same range" as when it was new. I've had both a 2013 P85+ and a now a 2014 P85D and the range for each was 270 and 245 respectively. All Tesla batteries degrade due to their chemical and physical properties, and there's no way to prevent that, so you can never make the statement that "85 batteries hardly degrade", unless "hardly" = 10%

Here’s my friends P85D with 120K miles that this app shows the battery health to a certain extent. That with the fact that he’s getting almost 234 miles of range on full charge is directly correlated to the health of the battery.

Most P85Ds I've seen for sale lately from that era all have around 230-235 miles of range. So your friend's battery is really nothing special. Also, what's "almost" 234 miles of range?

Two years ago I popped in a 100kWh battery (from 2016) into my car so I now get about 280 miles of range@100% 😁

Reactions: OutRun
There's no possible way an 8 year old P85D is getting "almost the same range" as when it was new. I've had both a 2013 P85+ and a now a 2014 P85D and the range for each was 270 and 245 respectively. All Tesla batteries degrade due to their chemical and physical properties, and there's no way to prevent that, so you can never make the statement that "85 batteries hardly degrade", unless "hardly" = 10%

Most P85Ds I've seen for sale lately from that era all have around 230-235 miles of range. So your friend's battery is really nothing special. Also, what's "almost" 234 miles of range?

Two years ago I popped in a 100kWh battery (from 2016) into my car so I now get about 280 miles of range@100% 😁
Well if you’re so informed than you would know the range for 2014 P85D new is 242 miles. Not sure if you ever graduated high school but 10% of 242 is over 20 miles of range lost. What almost 234 means that again if you have experience with P85D and I’m sure others but for a fact 885 batteries will not charge too 100% anymore. They stop at 98%-99%. I would expect someone who acts so experienced to at least know the range of the cars they are claiming to know so much about.
Your 280 miles out of 315 when new is terrible degrading compared to others I’ve seen with high miles. and losing just a few miles for 85 batteries is consistent amongst almost all owners. Again I’m sure you have no data or resources from actual owners of 85 batteries to even make a statement that they don’t hardly degrade. On the contrary I have about 8 or more with all different ranges of miles and everyone has experienced minimal range loss which also is directly correlated with how much kw you can expect to get at superchargers, but you knew that right? You know that both range loss and slow charging times are directly correlated to a battery that has degraded a lot. Cause clearly you believe your some expert. I would bet my house you didn’t upgrade your battery yourself and I bet 1K you probably can’t even do simple fixes to the car yourself which is a risking bet on my part cause anyone with experience working on cars will tell you Teslas are like Lego’s they are so easy to work on.
I also guarantee you have ludicrous. and again with your vast knowledge you obviously know since you’re so experienced a P100DL will pull significantly more amps than a P85DL. Around 300-400 more amps. Which will cause the battery to degrade faster for many reasons. There is also a reason that the newer P100DL’s AKAPerformance Models will only stay on ludicrous plus for one or two runs before it will say cooling and no longer be in ludicrous plus. Than you have to sit there for about 15-20 minutes while it cools before it will go back into ludicrous plus. They did this for a very clear reason and it’s not rocket science. The earlier models with ludicrous would stay on ludicrous and not shut off ludicrous plus and instead would continue pulling maximum amps capable over and over and overheat more and more. Since you have owned them for so long maybe you remember that or maybe you drive like Miss Daisy and don’t. But if you did and than stopped after pushing the car hard in ludicrous for awhile when you stop and get out you could literally smell the batteries burning like a damn fire practically. The more runs and times you do this in ludicrous plus is the best and guaranteed way to ruin the battery completely in less than 10k-20K miles. Hence the reason Tesla stopped letting them be able to do that cause many of us that buy fast cars do so cause we want to drive fast. Go figure, right lol
Just cause you seem so arrogant I had my friend who has a P85D send me pictures showing his P85D with 80K miles and 240-241 miles of range. And today with over 90K miles he still gets 239-240 miles of range even tho it says 242 in the picture he sent by the time it gets to 95% and higher it’s more accurate and will be “almost 240 or 239.” Did you get that or did I confuse you again with the word almost?
I Even made sure to show the dates etc cause I can tell you will try to make excuses but that *sugar* ain’t going to fly Marty McFly. Can’t wait to hear your explanation can tell your someone who never thinks their wrong yet knows very little but will never admit being wrong. Probably an Ivy League grad who thinks their smart when the reality is they can’t function in society cause they have complexes that were breed into them at a young age of being spoiled and never punished. Exactly why no companies want Ivy League students anymore cause they lack the ability to listen and learn and will never admit when they don’t actually know 90% of the *sugar* they claim too. So please enlighten me why I just didn’t prove you wrong?
Your 100 battery already has 10% degrading and I guarantee you don’t have anywhere near 100K miles and maybe less than 50K miles. So clearly whatever you are doing ain’t working.
Your turn… I can’t wait to hear your excuse this should be comedy 🍿
F113EE4C-465D-4267-8588-F80255F360DE.jpeg
4F3A8D3D-3544-44CF-8C31-F3F80A87DB1B.jpeg
3531ACE1-D393-4809-8C06-75BFC2F3FF22.jpeg

F5EA10EC-0C73-4AA6-B08B-A1415B333B97.jpeg

10E9818C-274F-4AF9-A510-B1098733E088.jpeg

36F00C66-A7A7-4D16-AC95-2C8FC46F0ECC.jpeg

321A39B2-4448-4E25-84E8-526EC2292C0C.jpeg

C9EBAD2E-45D2-498C-8034-C59B3A626380.jpeg
CF4195DC-10E7-493F-B262-A2C4F2DA89BA.jpeg
E3050C2F-601A-48C4-A614-A0364C1F17CF.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: HankLloydRight

Well if you’re so informed than you would know the range for 2014 P85D new is 242 miles. Not sure if you ever graduated high school but 10% of 242 is over 20 miles of range lost. What almost 234 means that again if you have experience with a P85D and I’m sure other batteries but for a fact 85 batteries will not charge too 100% anymore. They stop at 98%-99%. I would expect someone who acts so experienced to at least know the range of the cars they are claiming to know so much about.
Your 280 miles out of 315 when new is terrible degrading compared to others I’ve seen with high miles. and losing just a few miles for 85 batteries is consistent amongst almost all owners. Again I’m sure you have no data or resources from actual owners of 85 batteries to even make a statement that they don’t hardly degrade. On the contrary I have about 8 or more with all different ranges of miles and everyone has experienced minimal range loss which also is directly correlated with how much kw you can expect to get at superchargers, but you knew that right? You know that both range loss and slow charging times are directly correlated to a battery that has degraded a lot. Cause clearly you believe your some expert. I would bet my house you didn’t upgrade your battery yourself and I bet 1K you probably can’t even do simple fixes to the car yourself which is a risking bet on my part cause anyone with experience working on cars will tell you Teslas are like Lego’s they are so easy to work on.
I also guarantee you have ludicrous. and again with your vast knowledge you obviously know since you’re so experienced a P100DL will pull significantly more amps than a P85DL. Around 300-400 more amps. Which will cause the battery to degrade faster for many reasons. There is also a reason that the newer P100DL’s AKAPerformance Models will only stay on ludicrous plus for one or two runs before it will say cooling and no longer be in ludicrous plus. Than you have to sit there for about 15-20 minutes while it cools before it will go back into ludicrous plus. They did this for a very clear reason and it’s not rocket science. The earlier models with ludicrous would stay on ludicrous and not shut off ludicrous plus and instead would continue pulling maximum amps capable of over and over and than overheat more and more. Since you have owned them for so long maybe you remember that or maybe you drive like Miss Daisy and don’t. But if you did and than stopped after pushing the car hard in ludicrous for awhile when you stop and get out you could literally smell the batteries burning like a damn fire practically. The more runs and times you do this in ludicrous plus, is the best and guaranteed way to ruin the battery completely in less than 10k-20K miles. Hence the reason Tesla stopped letting them be able to do that cause many of us that buy fast cars do so cause we want too drive fast. Go figure, right lol
Just cause you seem so arrogant I had my friend who has a P85D send me pictures showing his P85D with 80K miles and 240-241 miles of range. And today with over 90K miles he still gets 239-240 miles of range even tho it says 242 in the picture he said by the time it gets to 95% and higher it’s more accurate and will be “almost 240 or 239.” Did you get that or did I confuse you again with the word almost?
I Even made sure to show the dates etc cause I can tell you will try to make excuses but that *sugar* ain’t going to fly Marty McFly. Can’t wait to hear your explanation can tell your someone who never thinks their wrong yet knows very little but will never admit being wrong. Probably an Ivy League grad who thinks their smart when the reality is they can’t function in society cause they have complexes that were breed into them at a young age of being spoiled and never punished. Exactly why no companies want Ivy League students anymore cause they lack the ability to listen and learn and will never admit when they don’t actually know 90% of the *sugar* they claim too. So please enlighten me why I just didn’t prove you wrong?
Your 100 battery already has 10% degrading and I guarantee you don’t have anywhere near 100K miles and maybe less than 50K miles. So clearly whatever you are doing ain’t working
View attachment 891577View attachment 891599View attachment 891596
View attachment 891610
View attachment 891578
View attachment 891644
View attachment 891645

View attachment 891649View attachment 891626View attachment 891622

• Disagree
I purchased the car used from Tesla in 2019. They always remove FUSC on used cars. They started to remove free premium connectivity shortly after I bought my car, I believe, so I still have that.

It's true that the 85kwh batteries are pretty stable if they weren't part of batterygate/chargegate, especially compared to the 90kwh v1 and v2 packs. My battery pack has no sticker. I asked Tesla about the battery history and they would only tell me my car is a P85D.

The stereo was installed by Driven Mobile in Chantilly, VA back in January of 2020. My car was the "cheap" one in their shop next to a McLaren and an E-Type Jaguar. They closed a few months after the install when the owner moved to the west coast. Only the refresh cars with the 16v accessory battery require a second battery to run additional amplifiers.

My last charge to 100% was on 11/25. Just shy of 240 miles. Normally I keep the battery at 90% and charge to 100% 6-8 times a year when I take road trips. I know you and many people are keen on FUSC, but I've only spent about $100/yr to supercharge the car.

View attachment 891352

I am in Springfield, VA. I'll send you a message.
Exactly your getting 240 miles on a full charge that’s only a loss of 2 miles. 85? Batteries are by far the most reliable. There someone in Denmark I met who has over 300K miles on his original battery. I told him at first you mean KM not miles and he laughed and said no. Which I than asked is that the record cause I had heard of then lasting 200K+ miles but never herd any original battery going well beyond 300K. He than told me the record was 500K miles. Not sure if I believe that I never checked just took his word for it. But it’s amazing how long some last as well as degrade HARDLY at all! Cause 85 batteries as you know first hand do hardly degrade no matter what Marty Mcfly over here says. Maybe he’s just upset he upgraded to 100 battery when he could have kept his original 85 battery and had the car for the next 20 yrs without replacing the battery

• Disagree
I have a hard and fast rule to never to engage with people who can only resort to ad-hominem attacks in an attempt to win an argument.
But wow, you've broken a new record here. Let's get started, shall we?

Not sure if you ever graduated high school

#1. Nice one. You're off to a great start. Let's see what else you got.

would expect someone who acts so experienced to at least know the range of the cars they are claiming to know so much about.

#2. I'm not just acting. If you knew anything about me, you would know this. Maybe do a little research next time.

Again I’m sure you have no data or resources from actual owners of 85 batteries to even make a statement that they don’t hardly degrade.

#3. No data? Dude, I've owned two 85kWh cars since 2013. How many have you owned and operated? Also, have you ever heard of https://ev-cpo.com ? Yeah, I created the very first third-party site tracking Tesla New and Used Inventory in 2015. My database has over 350,000 records of Tesla listed and sold. And now there are dozens of such copy-cat sites out there. I actually do think I know what I'm talking about here. Yeah, that's it, I have "no data". What have you done lately?

Cause clearly you believe your some expert.

#4. I don't just believe it. Ask anyone else here, or spend 5 minutes looking into all I've contributed to the Tesla community since 2014. I'd guess you didn't do that. Here's some more help. I also created https://ev-fw.com in 2015 to help users track the firmware updates to their cars. That database is tracking 5,000 cars which have had over 70,000 firmware updates. Although now Teslafi.com does a much better job of that, so I'm phasing out EV-FW in the near future. Yeah, I have "no data". LOL

I bet 1K you probably can’t even do simple fixes to the car yourself

#5. Watch out folks! He's on a roll now! Boy howdy, you really got me with this one. Again, the first rule is know your opponent. If you knew anything about me, you'd know that your statement is just a baseless personal attack that does nothing but debase your own position and reputation. But for your information, I've been personally involved in developing the Rear Lighted Applique, the Model S/X front camera switch, and the W.A.S.P. pedestrian horn (no longer made). Maybe just look at my sig below. I've also done many repairs on my own cars, as well as installed many accessories like hard-wired radar/laser detectors/jammers, dashcams, flux capacitor, etc, etc, etc. I also owned dozens of other cars I've repaired myself, including several BMWs, Mercedes, VWs, and even a Delorean. So dude, don't tell me "I can't even do simple fixes." At least I know how to use a discussion forum and not make the identical post twice.

I'm waiting, but I doubt I'll see that $1k anytime soon.

and again with your vast knowledge

#6. Yup, that's true. But that's not what you meant. That's six personal attacks. Can we make to an even dozen personal attacks? Let's see....

r that or maybe you drive like Miss Daisy and don’t.

#7. Ok, now you're just reaching. You have no idea how I drive. I'll get back to this later.

ust cause you seem so arrogant

#8. **I'm** arrogant? Wow. Just wow.

Did you get that or did I confuse you again with the word almost?

#9. Really? Aren't you done yet? Have you ever had a reasoned, fact-based discussion before? Or do you always respond like this when challenged. Wait, no need to answer that.

Can’t wait to hear your explanation can tell your someone who never thinks their wrong yet knows very little but will never admit being wrong

#10. Oh, you'll hear my explanation all right. As soon as I'm done here. We'll see who "knows very little".

Probably an Ivy League grad who thinks their smart when the reality is they can’t function in society cause they have complexes that were breed into them at a young age of being spoiled and never punished.

#11. So now you've moved onto random attacks on Ivy League folks? What does that have to do with *anything*? Again, it just serves to show you have no argument and need to punch people down to make yourself feel better. Did it work?

Exactly why no companies want Ivy League students anymore cause they lack the ability to listen and learn and will never admit when they don’t actually know 90% of the *sugar* they claim too.

#12!!! WE REACHED AN EVEN DOZEN of unprovoked personal attacks! Congratulations! And you continue to attack Ivy League people. Or are you just envious?

You're right about this, this will be comedy. But not the kind you think. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: blodg1
First, let's start with your woefully misinformed thoughts on my 100kWh battery. I posted that not to discuss the degradation, but rather the P85D+ with a 100kWh battery provides significantly more range and a lot more fun. My car is now a P100DL+, which is a pretty rare beast.

Your 280 miles out of 315 when new is terrible degrading compared to others I’ve seen with high miles.
Your 100 battery already has 10% degrading and I guarantee you don’t have anywhere near 100K miles and maybe less than 50K miles. So clearly whatever you are doing ain’t working.

Again with the wild-ass assumptions. FYI, the 2016 100kWh battery had 286 miles of range when I put the battery into my car, and it's lost a couple of miles per year since then, which is totally normal degradation. So please don't assert "whatever I'm doing is wrong" -- because once again, you have no idea of the facts or what "I'm doing". How about just staying in your lane?

I also guarantee you have ludicrous

Of course I do, duh! Who wouldn't have Ludicrous if they could?

But if you did and than stopped after pushing the car hard in ludicrous for awhile when you stop and get out you could literally smell the batteries burning like a damn fire practically.

This is absolutely, 100% positively WRONG. What you're smelling are the brakes heating up from stopping a 2.5 ton machine on wheels. And you accuse me of not knowing anything? Wow. And I've run Ludicrous launch mode runs a dozen times in a row (in the hot summer) for friends, and never had any of the problems you speak of, nor did my battery degrade a single mile for months following. And the batteries weren't burning so bad you could smell it (the brakes were, though) . Where are you getting this from? Obviously it's not personal experience since it's clear you've never actually owned a Tesla, much less a P100DL.

Now that your little diversion over my battery is over, let's get to the actual meat of all your assertions. This is the fun part I promised.
Well if you’re so informed than you would know the range for 2014 P85D new is 242 miles.

LOL! See below to see who exactly is "informed".

I have about 8 or more with all different ranges of miles and everyone has experienced minimal range loss

Sure, it's "minimal" when your math is flat out wrong.

And today with over 90K miles he still gets 239-240 miles of range even tho it says 242 in

So please enlighten me why I just didn’t prove you wrong?

On the contrary, I will gladly prove you wrong -- WITH ACTUAL FACTS. Something your posts are sorely lacking.

The one simple fact you are painfully missing, and frankly I'm surprised you never found out in all your "research" is that the actual EPA rating for the P85D is 253 miles.

You probably don't believe me, so here it is, directly from the government:
1672763777447.png

And here it is from Tesla's own website:
1672763794836.png

This has also been widely reported by the automotive media:

And, BTW, the max range for P85D on the highway is 265.5 miles. 253 miles is the combined City+Highway range.

The one "fact" your entire argument is loosely based on is the window sticker range of 242 miles.

But that was inaccurate and updated in January 2015, just one month after the P85D was launched.

At that time, Tesla enabled a "deep sleep" mode for the motors, which greatly increased the EPA range.

And unless your 8 friends are still running firmware from 2014 (which is not even possible anymore without hacking), they all have the updates to enable 'sleep mode' and the updated EPA range.

And I can back this up with my own personal experience (can you?):
Here's my actual 100% charging graph going back as far as possible from Teslafi.com

1672763925098.png

You can clearly see that my actual rated range at the end of 2016 is 251 miles. That's after two years of driving -- just two miles of range loss. And the first two years are when batteries have the largest range loss, then it slows down as the car ages. And you can see at the end of the graph in mid 2019 the range is 245.94 (let's call it "almost 246"), which again, is totally normal degradation. If you follow the trend line to 2022, that would result in normal degradation for any P85D to be in the mid 230s. Just like your 8 friends and as I asserted in my first post above. So no, those 85kWh batteries have not had "hardly any degradation". In fact, they've had perfectly normal degradation.

So, dude, please go back and redo all your math using 253 miles as the starting point for range, and not the phenomenally mis-informed 242 miles you've been using all this time. Then get back to me. Oh, and let me know where I can collect that $1k you bet.

Are you willing to admit *you* were wrong?

I can tell you will try to make excuses but that *sugar* ain’t going to fly Marty McFly.

Oh look! I missed one more personal attack! That makes it 13 total!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.