Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Convenience feature
2. Tesla will alert you very loud and you have center screen with visualization that shows the kind of vehicle and location of it real time.
3. Lane keeping totally depends on how clear the road markings are
4. Study shows looking down is more dangerous. HUD will be nice. With the current location, I don't even need to turn my head since my peripheral vision can catch it.
5. I have not experienced any PB other than the ones that I anticipated before hand, such as crossing vehicle ahead of my travel lane. It depends on location or environment. Simple tapping on the accelerator pedal will solve the problem within 0.2 seconds
6. Backup camera along with side cameras facing back?
7. trying to make problems to solve?
9. My parents hit a rear crossing car while backing out of the parking spot with the "cross traffic alert" system on their BMW. The key is that you back up slow. if you don't, no cross traffic alert will save you.
People like you are the reason this forum sucks. Internet stranger brings legit *sugar* to the table and it's followed by this type of templated response like your a criminal defense lawyer. tHe cAR iS pErfEct tHE wAy iT iS Monkey Stuopid $$?

Very agravated response to a simple observation that a good driver doesn’t blame their tools. Yes you can see your wheels if you reverse park into a space.
Accusing me of being a fanboy and ignorant is kind of a bizarre response to a generalised statement about driving ability.
Parking and not curbing wheels are one and the same. Both are driving without hitting your vehicle into objects lol.
When a good driver spent 100k on their tool, they sure as hell can blame it for cutting corners. I don’t know how can a consumer side with Tesla for this. You sure as hell sounds link a fanboy to me.

Let's open up a can of truth here:

So YOU are not the one who made those changes.

Someone else did to repair it.
Think you're pretty incisive there, eh Rocky_H? No, NOBODY made those changes. I've owned the car since it was wrecked very early in its life. Those changes were not made to my car. Do you think I was trying to trick you? Just to falsely impugn Tesla? No, Tesla LIED throughout my HV inspection. Wait till they do it to you in some way. Setting you and buckets0fun to Ignore, for below-average IQs.

Indeed SpectreFCO you are that trustworthy guy selling the CCS conversion kit. (In case anyone remembers who I am) If a friend can help with my car I'll be buying a kit from you. Mandatory for those of us without supercharging, and advisable for everyone else. This is the exact kit installed in every European Tesla for their CCS system.

MP3Mike yes that is just the adapter, not the kit. The kit is Restricted. The adapter does not come with the kit, and the cost of the kit does not include what Tesla charges for labor to install.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
No, none of that is true. Using the wall connector does not require using a higher amp circuit. You can use it on a 20A circuit just like that 6-20 outlet is.

Well, those are preferences. Using a plug-in outlet requires putting in a GFCI breaker for it, and that is very expensive and prone to so much nuisance tripping and unreliability that I wouldn't want to deal with it at all, so that's a big negative against doing an outlet in my estimation.
I'm pretty sure most on here by now see how you are. No need to keep on telling everyone. We all have our biases, but constant pushing of them gets tedious.

"I'm not understanding the reliance on cameras in the back and side. When is this so necessary? Parking? It's not like it's some land yacht. Rear-view and side-view mirrors work pretty great."

Do you see how ridiculous this sounds? Why rely on cameras when you already have 3 different mirrors on the car that work pretty great? I mean after all people have been backing their cars into garages using just mirrors for the past 75 years.. why do you need to rely on a camera for backing up? While we are at it.. Maybe we can all go back to hanging those tennis balls in our garages too!

The point is the technology was ALREADY there and worked absolutely awesome. To a large degree, it was accurate within inches which is what made it one of my favorite features. And redundancy is king! When the image on the cameras became distorted (rain, dirt, bright lights..), or the camera app sometimes was just a blank/black screen.. or someone touched the screen and the camera app disappeared.. those sensors gave me confidence any obstacles were still properly recognized.

Technology should progress.. not regress.. especially on a vehicle that prides itself on having top technology. It's practically an insult that something like a $20K Nissan or KIA has these features and Tesla thought it was a good idea to remove them. Not just remove them btw. But replace them with a worse solution. Even if you can't admit USS was awesome, it's pretty easy to look around and see just how many other people agree it's something they very much want.
You crack me up.

If context matters - why are you taking my quotes out of context.

Pls state your position here clearly - and I'll state mine.

Do you think any of the price cuts in the past few months were to increase demand ? Do you think ER guidance is that they will continue to do that, as needed, irrespective of effect on GM. ?

My position is yes to both.
In this particular discussion, my point is that your assertion that Elon stated they WILL lower prices, all the way to 0 GM if needed, is incorrect. Period.

Last edited:
Pedantic? No.

"I COULD jump off this bridge and plummet to my death"

"I WILL jump off this bridge and plummet to my death"

Big difference.
LOL. Your distortion of what I wrote will make the worst political ad makers proud.

"I COULD jump off this window if the house catches fire because I have the ability to survive"

"I WILL jump off this window if the house catches fire because I have the ability to survive "

Unless of course you want to distort what Elon said. He didn't say if they drop GM to 0% they will die. Infact he was proud of Teslas ability to survive the drop and like TSLAQ wants to destort what he said all the time, you are implying he said Tesla will go bankrupt if they drop GM.

Last edited:
Reactions: nativewolf
LOL. Your distortion of what I wrote will make the worst political ad makers proud.

"I COULD jump off this window if the house catches fire because I have the ability to survive"

"I WILL jump off this window if the house catches fire because I have the ability to survive "

Unless of course you want to distort what Elon said. He didn't say if they drop GM to 0% they will die. Infact he was proud of Teslas ability to survive the drop and like TSLAQ wants to destort what he said all the time, you are implying he said Tesla will go bankrupt if they drop GM.

Except both the statements above are yours.

In the example under question you took another person's statement and changed a word so that it altered the message from a possibility to a certainty.

That could be, would be, is, a distortion which you performed. (deliberately or not)
I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to acknowledge the misquote, and, acknowledge how doing so misrepresented the words of another in a way that did not pass on the original context of the message.

You doth protest too much.

• Disagree
Reactions: scaesare and EVNow
Status
Not open for further replies.