Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow chains for MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What tire chains are recommended for MYP with standard factory installed uberturbine 21" wheels and standard factory installed tires?

Would I put them on front or rear wheels?

I probably won't need them as this is for So Cal mtns (Mountain High) trip but I want to be prepared.

And I'd rather not spend $600 to get the Tesla Chains (which are out of stock now anyway)

Thank you!!

What tire chains are recommended for MYP with standard factory installed uberturbine 21" wheels and standard factory installed tires?

I probably won't need them as this is for So Cal mtns (Mountain High) trip but I want to be prepared.

And I'd rather not spend $600 to get the Tesla Chains (which are out of stock now anyway)

Thank you!!
I went with the textile snow socks (that meet CVC 605). I got them just to be prepared in case I get caught needing them. I expect that they might not last more than one use, but if I plan right, that's one more time than I'll need them. After seeing the pictures of wheels trashed from chains, even the ones Tesla sells, I figured these lessen the odds of wheel damage. CalTrans could disallow them in extreme conditions, but I would rather turn around anyway in that case.

Since the rear axle provides the majority of torque under most conditions, chains would go on the rear wheels.

The pair of snow socks I bought were around $85.

Upvote 0
I went with the textile snow socks (that meet CVC 605). I got them just to be prepared in case I get caught needing them. I expect that they might not last more than one use, but if I plan right, that's one more time than I'll need them. After seeing the pictures of wheels trashed from chains, even the ones Tesla sells, I figured these lessen the odds of wheel damage. CalTrans could disallow them in extreme conditions, but I would rather turn around anyway in that case.

Since the rear axle provides the majority of torque under most conditions, chains would go on the rear wheels.

That’s actually pretty reasonable to have as a backup. I saw a video where they get torn up fairly easily, but sure beats scratching up the wheels. I’m going to pick up a set!

If the snow’s really bad I’m taking my landcruiser not the MY.

Reactions: Whiskeypapa
Upvote 0

Thank you! I think conditions too extreme for snow socks in Southern CA are probably extremely rare so I should be OK with snow socks.

Reactions: Whiskeypapa
Upvote 0

Thank you!!
Hello,

TESERY provides you with the best Tesla snow chains. Their price will not exceed $300.

If you live in a cold and snowy place, you must install snow chains on your Model Y remote!

Tesla snow chains use rough surfaces made specifically of snow chains to increase friction with the road surface, and have an irreplaceable role in driving conditions such as skiing, off-road, wilderness exploration, and mountain driving.

The Tesla snow chain provided by TESERY provides excellent grip and stronger ice breaking performance in harsh road conditions such as snow slopes and mud. The following are high-quality snow chains suitable for Model Y:

Tesla Model Y snow chains 1.jpg

Tire Wheel Snow Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Sky Wheel Rim

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Tire Water Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Tesla Model Y tire chains 1.png

Upvote 0