Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice video Cottonwood - beautiful landscape and house! I am guessing the Roadster would not have performed as well...

Thanks!

Only tried the Roadster there in the summer, but it did great then. :biggrin:

BTW, the site is high and cool enough that I am comfortable there all summer without any air conditioning, only some fans. The flip side is that I have some great winter snow. Behind the house is a nice, hike up, blue run, below the house is a nice green run, and if I ever cleared some of the steep downhill pitches up the "hill," I could create some short, double-black runs.

I did have a Sig X deposit down, but decided that it was just to big for my empty-nester lifestyle and bought the P85D instead. Tesla was very good about returning my deposit on the X.

Along these same lines.... anyone know what (if any) chains would be considered ok on the Model X (20" wheels)? We already have a set of these Security Chain Company ZT735 chains that we got for my wife's Highlander hybrid, so I'm curious if something along those same lines would work just in case we wanted to take our X to Tahoe. (Although if the weather is bad enough to require chains on an AWD, perhaps we'd only take the Highlander anyway).

And answering my own question... turns out the ZT735's are also supposed to fit 275/45-R20 and 265/45-R20 size tires that are on the X so we may be fine already. Presumably you'd want to kick the suspension height all the way up and disable automatic lowering.
@kcdyke , did you ever use the ZT735 chains on the MX last winter? If so, how did they work out? I have smaller ZTs for my Leaf and Prius and really like them. I wasn't sure how well they would hold up on a heavy MX. I'm starting to prep for my first MX Colorado winter.