Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snowflake 22 X Plaid with Unique Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery in one of earliest X Plaids with a bunch of unique features not offered today.

My X has the following:
  • Radar (confirmed in service mode)
  • Ultrasonic parking sensors
  • Charge port LED (old parts from legacy X).
It’s missing the tilting the screen. I don’t think they will ever retrofit it. I tried to schedule a few service appointments and they looked confused just to tell me retrofit not available at this time.

I have no idea why my 22 has radar when Tesla stopped including it around 2020. I have no way to tell if it’s actually used in tacc/noa. I’m sure it’s not used in fsd. I think a software update around that year disabled it in all vehicles compatible with Tesla vision. Still makes no sense why they added it 2 years later in a new car.

The USS parking sensors really are great. I see nonspot posts about how terrible the vision based sensors are. Tesla recently released a software update to improve vision based sensors but only to HW4 vehicles. It looks like vehicles after vision parking and before hw4 are already depreciated. Ouch. I’m happy I don’t have to worry about that.

I really do like the OG led ring. It’s very useful for plugging in the dark. I don’t like how they used the cheaper components similar to the 3/y. Hey at least the vehicle got a huge price reduction in 2023.

I believe the USS and legacy charge port were common to all Palladium Model X made before sometime in February 2022 (I personally have a late February build with no radar, USS, and new charge port). Your car might not be as unique as you think (no disparagement intended). What's more important is that you're happy with it, regardless of its configuration, quirks, etc.

Bruce.

I believe the USS and legacy charge port were common to all Palladium Model X made before sometime in February 2022 (I personally have a late February build with no radar, USS, and new charge port). Your car might not be as unique as you think (no disparagement intended). What's more important is that you're happy with it, regardless of its configuration, quirks, etc.

Bruce.
That makes sense. I remember around this time Tesla was starting production lines for the refreshed X after it had been shut down for months. Those first deliveries were few and far between.

I took delivery of my MXP '22 on February 18, 2022. It looks like it's a similar build to yours:

- Radar
- Old-style pre-refresh charge port, with the LED ring and tiny flap
- Smaller rear screen
- No tilting of the front screen
- Plaid lettering instead of colorful badge
- Black calipers
- USS everywhere