Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 X with USS any disadvantage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any disadvantages with getting a 2023 X with Ultrasonic Parking Sensors?

Like I think you don’t get the new vision parking view. That could be an advantage in some people’s minds. But want to see anything else to be mindful of?

Any disadvantages with getting a 2023 X with Ultrasonic Parking Sensors?

Like I think you don’t get the new vision parking view. That could be an advantage in some people’s minds. But want to see anything else to be mindful of?
I am not sure a 2023 Model X still has Ultrasonic Sensors anymore.

Tesla discontinued Ultrasonic Sensors on Model 3/Y in the later of 2022 then Model S/X in 2023.

Ultrasonic Sensors are still much more accurate than the current Tesla Vision.

• Disagree
Reactions: gbertsch
I have a 2022 model x plaid that I picked up may of 2022. Yes I have the uss sensors and yes the driver door fully opens when I walk up to the car with my phone in my pocket. This feature stoped and the door only pops open with the lost of us sensors for most 2023 model x. Some of the early 2023 model x still has uss sensors.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
I picked up my 2023 Model X last December and had a problem with the FWD opening to its full extent. The service department fixed the problem by replacing the USS in the door — they even showed me the old ones. The admitted there is a lot of confusion over the USS but the FWD’s still have them.

USS is usually referring to the Ultrasonic Parking Sensors that got deleted when Tesla wanted to save costs in late 2022. These parking sensors are visible as little circles on the bumpers just like many other luxury cars have them. All modern Tesla models used to have USS Parking sensors and used them for parking assistance to the driver.

The FWDs also have “ultrasonic sensors” but those are used for the doors to detect nearby objects and not damage themselves. These are only on the Model X. As far as we know, these FWD Sensors are still present.

Auto present doors on the Model X relied on both the front left fender Parking Sensor and the left FWD Sensor to triangulate a person approaching with their key and detect nearby objects for the front driver door. With the now absence of the left fender Parking USS, the auto-presenting doors don’t have enough data to know how close or far objects are and thus only auto-present a tiny bit (which is the behavior when it used to detect close by objects and tries to avoid opening the front door all the way).