Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
things that spring to mind seeing that rear screen

- thats cool
- can you watch netflix in the back while driving
- does it split the audio, put it out the usb-c, or the entire car is listening to 'let it go'?
- low screen feels like a recipe for car sickness
I’d assume it’s like the S/X in that the audio through speakers can only be single source, however with nothing that you appear to be able to use headphones for the rear screen which would appear to suggest you can have music on speakers and the 2nd screen audio playing something else
8" touchscreen for rear passengers in the back to control climate & enjoy entertainment. You can connect two headsets at the same time.
“Connect two headsets” also suggests Bluetooth vs wired.

Ergo nowhere in USA has any roundabouts?

There's a city in Indiana which has more than 140 of them ... common in Florida too ... so it is a problem for Americans, in certain parts of USA if not everywhere there.
I was in Florida but if you want the stats. they have less than half the number of roundabouts that the UK has but 16 times as much road so the average number of roundabouts most Americans traverse each day is none. Ergo when designing cars it is far less likely to feature in their thinking as I think the latest Tesla show. No one who uses roundabouts regularly would design indicators like that.
in California there were less than 40 in the whole state in 2017. They have built one in Fremont apparently though now so maybe there is hope for the future...

I would imagine a large portion of it will be from the tyres, due to the weight of the vehicle, stronger sidewalls are needed, thus more vibration transfer.
Fun fact:

1693576863866.png

1693577074229.png

So, almost no difference in weight when comparing a Model 3 with a BMW 330d. Yet the BMW 330d is quiet!

Reactions: Obie
Some interesting and welcomed changes! I doubt I would be placing an order considering my car is only a year old but the back seats screens, noise reduction and range is a much welcomed change!

EDIT: Do not like the change about the indicators... Ffs, why tinker with something like that.

No parking sensors, no stalks. Seems to be a huge downgrade to my eyes.

I wonder how big a hit on their sales this will be when these changes filter down to the Model Y?
They've added bumper camera and I'd say that can be a adaquet replacement for parking sensor

How they think that camera could be kept clear enough for parking, I have no idea.

noise reduction would be most welcome (well, maybe ventilated seats) - but according reviews, noise reduction is not much different from current M3 :/

btw - as mentioned, BMW 3 series is more or less same weight but it is definitely significantly quieter.

Fun fact:

View attachment 970087

View attachment 970089

So, almost no difference in weight when comparing a Model 3 with a BMW 330d. Yet the BMW 330d is quiet!
Don't quite know where you are going with this ? the BMW is quieter and 30kg lighter than the new Model 3 ? How do you know it's quieter I'm not aware that anybody has whipped out their decibel meter on the new model 3, which apparently has improved acoustic performance.

Apologies if I am just being dumb here :)