Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So did my AWD order just go to non-edit mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ℬête Noire

Jan 30, 2018
TX
I could have swore there was a place before to edit the order from the Manage page. But today I don't see it anywhere on the page? Am I just missing it, what's it suppose to look like?

I thought that only happens when the VIN is assigned and they are queuing the vehicle up for production? Is it possible they are doing that already for D variant orders? Or is this a new thing where they don't want the chaos of orders popping around so they've taken that order editing option off the table entirely, regardless of how close to production the vehicle is?

Same here. Ordered Sunday and could edit Sunday and Monday. Then Tuesday the edit link went away. Wonder why?
So then it's not just an "hours after the time of order being placed" thing. I ordered ($2500 down) the evening of June 27th, got the last docs for the delivery details submitted on Saturday. I think it was there Monday morning, but definitely was on Sunday. I don't recall looking yesterday.

My edit button is still there. Ordered a 3P on 6/26. August-October delivery. I do have the “we will reach out to you to schedule delivery” text.

Like so (with the different months)?:

Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date.​

That's right near where' your edit button is, correct?

Like so (with the different months)?:

Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date.​

That's right near where' your edit button is, correct?

Yes, just like this...

(Tesla financing selected, no trade-in)

1B3CE790-B167-4F99-81BC-22A40853BDF3.jpeg

I previously didn't have the MVPA in my account, but now I do. Ordered AWD on 5/23/18. Edit button is still there though. Only have "We will reach out..." no actual months given for delivery estimate. Originally was quoted 12-16 weeks.

I'm currently waiting for my AWD LR, Aero, no EAP, Pearl White

The current radio silence regarding the 200,000 EV credit mark is really making me anxious. Seriously consider jumping ship and editing my order to RWD. I ordered on June 28th, and my order agreement (MVPA) didn't appear on my account until July 4th. Checking the metadata on the pdf shows that it was generated on July 4th at 2pm. I still have the edit button, and payment method pending with "Financing through Tesla"

Just to be clear, for those without a Edit button, is everything on the to-do completed (Green checkmarks). From my current observation, when all document are submitted and all items are checked green (Such as cash for payment method, as Loan through Tesla would leave it on pending), the edit button will disappear. However, if you still have a pending item and the edit button is gone, then that is a indication of progress on production or VIN assignment.

Yes, if you open the PDF the 2nd line should read "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", under TELSA.
I've seen a lot of people on this forum and reddit who ordered AWD receiving that MVPA roughly around July 4th. I was not there initially when I ordered/configured. Do you think that is a sign that they're starting production? Tesla did register couple thousand AWD VINs recently.

Another tidbit I heard is that the tent assembly line, where the AWD/Performance will be assembled, isn't connected to the general manufacturing operating system. And that they've been producing the AWD, and assigning VINs to them. And once they gone through a cycle or have enough backlog, then they will start assigning people VINs and coordinating delivery. Not sure how accurate this is, its all speculation at this point.

I think I'm going crazy with this. Come on ELON, TAKE MY MONEY!