Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I received a HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to pick up my MX Performance tomorrow morning (27 March). I just plugged my link into the ev.cpo tool and see my build has APH4 AP 3.0.

I also noticed some strange inconsistencies -- for example, "AH00 No Accessory Hitch" -- performance models are supposed to come standard with that, aren't they? Also "ST01 Non-heated Leather Steering Wheel" -- isn't that supposed to be standard on Performance models too? Maybe the heated steering is bundled in CW02 Subzero Weather Package, which is listed for me. See image...

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.45.29 PM.png

I'm scheduled to pick up my MX Performance tomorrow morning (27 March). I just plugged my link into the ev.cpo tool and see my build has APH4 AP 3.0.

I also noticed some strange inconsistencies -- for example, "AH00 No Accessory Hitch" -- performance models are supposed to come standard with that, aren't they? Also "ST01 Non-heated Leather Steering Wheel" -- isn't that supposed to be standard on Performance models too? Maybe the heated steering is bundled in CW02 Subzero Weather Package, which is listed for me. See image...

View attachment 390640
They still list a lot of the legacy codes . The accessory hitch was only offered for a short time. It was just for small items like bike racks. You'll notice it does have the Towing Package. Lots of old codes like that.

• Helpful
Reactions: BryWay
Well, I've been trying to get DashCam to work and can't get it to recognize my USB sticks formatted to FAT32. The DashCam icon simply doesn't appear on the status bar using firmware 2019.5.17. The car seeingly recognizes the drive as under TeslaCam there is a directory called RecentClips with files in the format <date>_<time>-front.mp4 but they are just 1K in size.
I wonder if it's just broken right now as they haven't gotten to it. Thought this would have routed through the MCU or something...

Well, I've been trying to get DashCam to work and can't get it to recognize my USB sticks formatted to FAT32. The DashCam icon simply doesn't appear on the status bar using firmware 2019.5.17. The car seeingly recognizes the drive as under TeslaCam there is a directory called RecentClips with files in the format <date>_<time>-front.mp4 but they are just 1K in size.
I wonder if it's just broken right now as they haven't gotten to it. Thought this would have routed through the MCU or something...

What kind of USB drive?

Currently dashcam is not supported on hw3 outside of model 3:

Code:
if [ -n "$IS_HW3" ] ; then
    if [ -n "$IS_MODEL3" ] ; then
        exec chpst -o 4096 -u backup_camera:autopilot:camera:display:gpgpu:ipc:rtdv:log /opt/autopilot/bin/backup_camera
    else
        exit 1
    fi

Code:
        exec chpst -o 4096 -u backup_camera:autopilot:camera:display:gpgpu:ipc:rtdv:log /opt/autopilot/bin/backup_camera
    else
        exit 1
    fi

Was there a dump of the python code somewhere to access? This is pretty sweet and I would love to take a look at what else is lurking there.

Code:
    else
        exit 1
    fi

This code is scaring crap out of me. I hope autopilot is not working on a shell script as this code is! Otherwise I am already having serious concerns about the software performance.

Was there a dump of the python code somewhere to access? This is pretty sweet and I would love to take a look at what else is lurking there.

It's bash and it's not accessible anywhere unless you get access to your car via root.

This code is scaring crap out of me. I hope autopilot is not working on a shell script as this code is! Otherwise I am already having serious concerns about the software performance.

Valid concerns, but AP couldn't be written in bash.